Author Topic: Life after Wolford  (Read 44722 times)

Offline AFGuin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Life after Wolford
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2013, 08:27:11 AM »
No that we need to be having this conversation, but let Kehres cut his teeth elsewhere. DIII is faaaaarrrrr too much of a step down. I realize he could be a stud, but I do not want to risk it.

DIII isn't that much of a step down, i have no doubt Mount Union would beat YSU any given year in the last decade by a few scores and the old man has put more guys into the NFL then YSU has recentley

Are you serious? Not even a remote possibility of a close game. They probably would not even be able to score. I am wiling to bet that Ursuline or Mooney would beat them 25% of the time they play. That last sentence is a serious comment. YSU is not going to get those OSU & MAC leftovers, we are a public school (although I understand they are the same now). When has he had to recruit? Going out and looking for 2-sport athletes and/or smart players is not going to cut it here.

LOL You're 100% delusional, YSU would get their a*s handed to them on a silver platter by Mount Union by 3 times minimu. Ursuline and Mooney would beat them 25? holy sh** your a f***ing moron. Ursuline and Mooney would get the biggest beatdowns in school history, BY HALFTIME! What OSU and MAC Leftovers? you should do your research before you think about posting again. Mount Union has exactly 3 transfers on the team and have only gotten 7 transfers in the last decade from D1A schools

you dont know a damn thing about college football outside of maybe YSU

Offline AFGuin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2013, 08:28:19 AM »
No that we need to be having this conversation, but let Kehres cut his teeth elsewhere. DIII is faaaaarrrrr too much of a step down. I realize he could be a stud, but I do not want to risk it.

DIII isn't that much of a step down, i have no doubt Mount Union would beat YSU any given year in the last decade by a few scores and the old man has put more guys into the NFL then YSU has recentley, you gotta take the risk to get anywhere if your a YSU who isn't going to lure a good coach anyways

There you go again with your nonsense.  I don't doubt Kehres is a good coach but your statement about DIII Mount Union competing with YSU is absurd.  How much time did it take for you to think this up?  This has to take a lot of effort.

LOL another delusional poster,  Mount Unions would beat YSU thats a fact. but you keep believing the Bullsh** they wouldn't. theres a reason im the greatest thing to ever happen to YSU

Offline AFGuin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2013, 08:38:18 AM »
People think YSU would beat a prestigious university like Mount Union, ROTFL! my god the delusion is strong around these parts.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2013, 09:13:12 AM »
AF you need to stop insulting people because they disagree with you. Say we are 'crazy', that is fine but we are not Fing morons. Clearly we are not the ones. 

FYI: live in Columbus, and do you want to know what the second-most common joke when a poor player is on the Buckeyes? "Looks like another Mt Union player". That is just how common knowledge it truly is. I may not know the X'and O's as well as most here, but I have forgotten more about small-college football that you will ever know. So I will say it again. A good HS team will beat MU 25% of the time. Larger prep schools would beat MU at a considerably higher rate.

I am not saying that Kehres is a bad coach. I am saying that YSU is in entirely different galaxy than MU. The learning curve is too high for me to accept. Look how rough Wolf has it, and he is a long-time DI coach.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 09:14:43 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline Train

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2013, 09:38:28 AM »
are you guys serious about Mt. Union beating YSU..?....

That is flat out crazy....

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2013, 09:44:15 AM »

AFGuin is the new village idiot.

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2013, 10:04:18 AM »
People think YSU would beat a prestigious university like Mount Union, ROTFL! my god the delusion is strong around these parts.

Franklin College has played two football games this year:

@Mount Union 30  Franklin 27

Butler 31 Franklin 28

Not always a big fan of score comparisons, but top Division III program = mediocre non scholarship FCS program.  Which is kind of what we've known for awhile.

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2013, 10:09:27 AM »

Mount Union has put a few players in the NFL recently--an extremely rare accomplishment for a D3 team but, as far as MU being able to play YSU even remotely close is a no-brainer. ;)

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2013, 10:20:34 AM »
YSU would do to Mt Union what Michigan St did to YSU. End of discussion.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2013, 10:41:55 AM »
i think AF was 'yanking our chains' in the last couple of posts, but he is serious about their coach. So let's ease up on him as well as he needs to ease up on others. It is a conversation that needs to be had once in a while. We were the same way back when coach T could not get a game with OSU years back. We could not have beaten OSU, but it was nice to think so :)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2013, 11:07:32 AM »
Mount Union has 2 players in the NFL..... Pierre Garçon from the Redskins and Cecil Shorts from Jacksonville.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2013, 11:07:51 AM »

Franklin College has played two football games this year:

@Mount Union 30  Franklin 27

Butler 31 Franklin 28

Not always a big fan of score comparisons, but top Division III program = mediocre non scholarship FCS program.  Which is kind of what we've known for awhile.

Spot on again Indy.

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2013, 03:06:09 PM »
Mount Union has 2 players in the NFL..... Pierre Garçon from the Redskins and Cecil Shorts from Jacksonville.
They also had Kyle Miller from the Dolphins who has since been put on their practice squad and in the spring they had 4 other players signed as free agents.

Offline A Penguin-Husky

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2013, 04:56:07 PM »
Have now stopped my kids from reading this forum.  No reason for personal bashing and F bombs.  Some people just need to grow up or leave.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2013, 06:21:36 PM »
That was my main fear, IAA Fan.  Parents depriving their kids (and future YSU fans) of access to this forum.  The patronage of Husky's kids is worth twenty times more than this character.