Author Topic: MSU In-Game Thread!  (Read 27161 times)

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: MSU In-Game Thread!
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2014, 08:43:11 AM »
Let's break down your comment about Michigan State even more.

You said Michigan State would finish in the lower half of the Big 10 Conference.

You said this even after Purdue got drubbed by Cincinnati and almost lost to Indiana State.

You said this after Illinois got beat by 10 at home against Washington and almost lost to Southern Illinois

You said this after Indiana lost to NAVY!

You said this after Michigan needed a miracle to beat AKRON!

The worst teams in the Big 10 finished with computer rankings of: Purdue 125, Illinois 93, Northwestern 77, Indiana 76. The average computer ranking of those schools is: 92.75 (we'll do you a favor here and round down.

Michigan State will likely finish as the #3 team in the country. Quick math tells me YOU WERE 89 spots away from the correct ranking of Michigan State!!! That means you thought there were 89 teams better than the #3 team in the country.

There are 125 teams that play FBS football. You picked Michigan State closer to Miami Ohio (the worst team in college football) than you did their actual ranking.

No one at the time was predicting Michigan State to finish in the lower half of the Big 10. No body. Many people, (myself included) were picking them as a sleeper because of their good offense and a down conference.

BTW Michigan State was preseason projected to be in the TOP HALF of the Big 10 conference in the pre-season power poll.

So your theory of everyone thought Michigan State was a bad team IS A LIE!

"Make no mistake, MSU is not going to be a top half of the Big 10 team. They are lower half. That O of theirs is due to be manhandled." - paladin

"Hunter Wells isn't ready next year for D-I football" - paladin

Hunter Wells Stat Tracker: 17/23 303 yds, 4TDs, 242.0 QB Rating

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2014, 09:36:15 AM »
If I recall correctly, Auburn was unranked at the beginning of the season.
Never felt that rankings mean much of anything but TV hype until the end of the season.

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2014, 01:05:44 PM »
I agree. But anyone who said Auburn was not a good team after week 3 should never talk college football again. Same to be said for Michigan State. We all saw they had talent.
"Make no mistake, MSU is not going to be a top half of the Big 10 team. They are lower half. That O of theirs is due to be manhandled." - paladin

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2014, 01:41:30 PM »
JJ--just realize Paladin is a self-made fraud who will have you believe he was once someone important, funnels money into the Penguin Club, and is a top notch talent evaluator. He's none of those. Trust me.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2014, 01:54:44 PM »
"yawn"

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2014, 03:01:10 PM »
JJ--just realize Paladin is a self-made fraud who will have you believe he was once someone important, funnels money into the Penguin Club, and is a top notch talent evaluator. He's none of those. Trust me.

I've realized it for years.

But what he said about Michigan State is one of the most insanely idiotic things ever written on this message board. Ever. And IP, that says a lot!

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2014, 05:36:59 PM »
Would someone please explain why a forum for YSU sports has become a sounding board for insults to each other?  What purpose does any of this accomplish and how does it benefit YSU or any fan posting or lurking?

If the energy expended destroying each other were put to worthwhile gains, maybe- just maybe, the coaches, AD and administration would feel a need to be accountable.

To misquote POGO: " I have seen the enemy and it is us."

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2014, 06:33:13 PM »
I agree the tone here is negative. But people like paladin will be miserable their whole life. His whole purpose is some beef he had with strollo who stole his lunch money as a kid.

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2014, 11:40:03 PM »
One thing that I would say about Mr. Strollo is that if nothing else he is VERY approachable. So my suggestion to sports genius Paladin is to come to one of the $1 general admission games and tell Strollo to his face what's wrong with the program. That's cheap entertainment for Pally and maybe he can fix what's wrong with athletics. Strollo would be happy to talk to him. Or Ray Ray and 05 can come to O'Charley's on Monday nights for the coaches radio show where Slocum talks to everyone in the room and they can ask him what's wrong with the program and offer their suggestions.
Problem is none of these folks have the gonads to do any of this. Easy to hide on here. If you're that unhappy with things, get involved. The Penguin Club is always looking for help.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2014, 12:02:11 AM »
Would someone please explain why a forum for YSU sports has become a sounding board for insults to each other?  What purpose does any of this accomplish and how does it benefit YSU or any fan posting or lurking?

If the energy expended destroying each other were put to worthwhile gains, maybe- just maybe, the coaches, AD and administration would feel a need to be accountable.

It's really getting old.  There may be as much content attacking fellow posters as there is discussing YSU sports.  If someone makes a wacky prediction, have a little fun with it and then move on.  Some of the obsession with fellow posters is more than pathetic, its pathological. 
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2014, 12:27:53 AM »
One thing that I would say about Mr. Strollo is that if nothing else he is VERY approachable. So my suggestion to sports genius Paladin is to come to one of the $1 general admission games and tell Strollo to his face what's wrong with the program. That's cheap entertainment for Pally and maybe he can fix what's wrong with athletics. Strollo would be happy to talk to him. Or Ray Ray and 05 can come to O'Charley's on Monday nights for the coaches radio show where Slocum talks to everyone in the room and they can ask him what's wrong with the program and offer their suggestions.
Problem is none of these folks have the gonads to do any of this. Easy to hide on here. If you're that unhappy with things, get involved. The Penguin Club is always looking for help.

I also have extra tickets by me. Anyone is more than welcome to sit next to me. Pally I know you love dollar days and come to games alone. Anyone's more than welcomed to sit in some good chair backs with me and my wife.

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2014, 09:33:37 AM »

It's really getting old.  There may be as much content attacking fellow posters as there is discussing YSU sports.  If someone makes a wacky prediction, have a little fun with it and then move on.  Some of the obsession with fellow posters is more than pathetic, its pathological.

Yes, I have to put on my admin hat & say this:

JJ, Ray, and Paladin: All of you need to grow up or move on

JJ you cannot take people saying things. I have told you before to ignore them
Paladin: you are just taunting him, that makes you just as bad
Ray: If you have nothign good to say about YSU, then go to another team board.

I have been doing this site since 1989 & a board like this since 1990-91. We are all fans here. We all say good and bad about th team, but we do no insult the school and especially each other. 

So here are the rules:

1. You get a verbal warning (maybe 2)
2. Next offense after that is a 1-week ban.
3. A third time and you get a much longer ban. Could even be permanent.

Thanks,
Dan