Author Topic: MSU In-Game Thread!  (Read 27432 times)

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: MSU In-Game Thread!
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2014, 08:34:29 PM »

Michigan State has a dogsh*t football team, a Defensive End had more TDs then their entire team combined outside of him comming into today for Chris Sake, they are absoltuley god awful, they are worse then pitt from last year

Talent evaluation comment of the year.   

Happy for Coach Dantonio. 

« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 08:35:06 PM by ysuindy »

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2014, 10:46:05 PM »

Michigan State has a dogsh*t football team, a Defensive End had more TDs then their entire team combined outside of him comming into today for Chris Sake, they are absoltuley god awful, they are worse then pitt from last year

Talent evaluation comment of the year.   

Happy for Coach Dantonio.

Amen. Crazy how they went from a "dogsh*t" football team to rose bowl champs......

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2014, 07:31:01 AM »
Congrats to Mark Dantonio. He is a class act. I am really happy for him. Ohio state should have considered him.

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2014, 09:41:37 AM »
Congrats to Mark Dantonio. He is a class act. I am really happy for him. Ohio state should have considered him.

Coached at Ohio State from 2001 to 2003 taking the head coaching position with Cincy.
"Silver Bullets" defense was one of the best.
Already at Michigan State when his friend Jim Tressel stepped down.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2014, 11:53:50 AM »
 ;)He was also DC at YSU

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2014, 12:13:54 PM »
I've slept on it and thought it over.  It was an embarrassing day. Make no mistake , MSU is not going to be a top half of the Big 10 team. They are lower half. That O of theirs is due to be manhandled. That said, as the MVFC begins to unfold, I suspect the true state of the program is going to be revealed. I think it will be extremely difficult to win in the MVFC and playoffs questionable. When YSU did get a short field , they scored on a  very good MSU D. But YSU was kept in a long field situation most of the day and the kicking game I expected to keep MSU in long field was limited. A muffed kick-off return and two dropped passes and YSU was off to a terrible start. Next week is another weenie game. The real season starts in 2 weeks when we kick off the MVFC portion. Will YSU be ready for NDSU, UNI, SDS, etc ?

I doubt it.

BTW this was Paladin's post. He said the Rose Bowl Champion who came within a bad pass interference call from playing for a National Championship was a bottom team in the Big 10 (a bad BCS conference this year).

This is what separates Paladin from the coaches and administration he be little everyday.

If Paladin had a real job in college athletics, and it was to evaluate teams and he made this prediction, he would be FIRED instantly. Reason # 912,238,231 why everything he says is B.S.! It stinks!!!
"Make no mistake, MSU is not going to be a top half of the Big 10 team. They are lower half. That O of theirs is due to be manhandled." - paladin

"Hunter Wells isn't ready next year for D-I football" - paladin

Hunter Wells Stat Tracker: 17/23 303 yds, 4TDs, 242.0 QB Rating

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2014, 12:29:58 PM »
;)He was also DC at YSU

Knew that - just commenting on why OSU didn't consider him.
They actually did, but he kept his commitment to MSU and Urban
was a favorite - Urban was with Earle Bruce just before
Earle's wife Jean died.  Was very close to both Earle and Jean.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 12:30:42 PM by ScarletRook »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2014, 01:01:17 PM »
;)He was also DC at YSU

Knew that - just commenting on why OSU didn't consider him.
They actually did, but he kept his commitment to MSU and Urban
was a favorite - Urban was with Earle Bruce just before
Earle's wife Jean died.  Was very close to both Earle and Jean.

Didn't know that

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2014, 01:49:20 PM »
Good show, jj.  Early on, MSU wasn't very good but came on strong as the season progressed especially on O since their D was carrying them. And even the D got even better. Ask Ohio St.   But , of course YSU didn't fare well even against a slow developing MSU team.  MSU wasn't ranked in the Top 25 then. YSU was ranked #23 in FCS poll.   You neglected to discuss my main point -- that YSU didn't look very good and probably wouldn't be ready for NDSU, UNI and SDS. How did that work out ?  8)

At the time, the voters in the polls agreed with me.........................................

"yawn"

8)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 02:09:21 PM by paladin »

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2014, 02:51:13 PM »
Hey, jj. I just checked further................... not only were the polls in agreement with me, it took Mich st. until Nov before they broke into  the Top 25 at #24 before the game with MIch first week-end in Nov.  And guess what................ they didn't break into the Top 10 ( at #10) until  just before  the B1G Championship game with Ohio St............... boy, all those dumb voters and coaches.........................  ;D  ;D  ;D

Of course, everyone knows you don't know your butt. I mean after all, you predict nothing cause you know nothing. Mich. St. didn't get ranked for a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG time because they were barely winning games, winning ugly. But , of course, you knew they were going  to win the B1G and the Rose Bow way back whenl.

Roflmao.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2014, 03:57:33 PM »
And, jj, MSU DID get handled the very next week by lowly Notre Dame 17-13

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

That game cost them any chance of moving into the Top 25 until the beginning of Nov.

8)

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2014, 09:19:37 PM »
Good teams with great coaching get better as the season progresses.
The rest sit at home and watch bowl games on television.

There is no place like home for the holidays. <sigh>

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2014, 12:41:10 AM »
Lol at Paladin in a year when it was obvious the Big 10 was down at the start (Michigan almost lost to Akron on the day we played MSU, Paladin said the Rose Bowl champs would finish in the bottom of the worst aha as conference.

That by and large is the most outrageous thing anyone has ever posted on this board. Ever. You're caught red handed , there's no way out of this one.
"Make no mistake, MSU is not going to be a top half of the Big 10 team. They are lower half. That O of theirs is due to be manhandled." - paladin

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2014, 07:43:32 AM »
"yawn"

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2014, 08:18:25 AM »
You lose any credit on anything you say from here on out. All you will get as a reply is what's written below.

Just curious, what level were you a coach?

Make no mistake , MSU is not going to be a top half of the Big 10 team. They are lower half. That O of theirs is due to be manhandled.