Author Topic: Basketball at UWM  (Read 11554 times)

Offline Wonderball

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Basketball at UWM
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2014, 11:26:30 AM »
Correction, Coach Slocum said they sucked in that game. He did not say his teams sucks. You are making yourself look like an idiot with your posts.

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2014, 12:08:58 PM »
Isn't it the most predictable event of the century that as soon as we lose a game, Ray (most overrated QB in YSU history), 05 (who spends his days and nights throwing darts at Slocum's picture), and Paladin (who screams YES I REALLY AM IN THE PENGUIN CLUB, although they've NEVER HEARD OF HIM) would chime in on how lousy the team is and how lousy Slocum is, etc. etc. As Indy said, all of the home teams won, so the loss is certainly no surprise. It's just really sad that people take glee in their "hometown" team losing. There's no hope for this board.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2014, 12:49:42 PM »
Thanks IP; I get no joy in losing. I would also like to add that calling the team "Jerry's Kids" is very insulting to the team, staff, school, fans, and the thousands of children stricken with MS that wish they could play basketball. Let's try to be more respectful.

Yes I am in Penguin Club: football and baseball. We purchased our 4 seats in in the Ice Castle back in 1982, when they offered faculty and staff permanently renewing seats and have renewed every year since. I have been to every MVFC stadium (less the Dakotas). I was at all three championship games at Marshall, the one at GA Southern. I was at several away play-off an regular-season games. That includes the $80 tickets to the money-games where the result was basically predetermined. I tailgate religiously. I attend many functions each year and run this site. Yet I live over 3-hours away. I get mad at players and coaches ...but I do not let that stop me from enjoying a trip to Ytown for any event. So if we are going to call ourselves fans ...let's act like it.

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2014, 01:12:51 PM »
Where' s JJ at now? Is he so depressed ysu lost that he jumped in the mahoning river?
Oh wait, he' s in slocums hotel room. So that's what those  checks he cuts to the athletic department pays for.

SMH to this post! It leaves me little hope for humanity and makes me question if all the positive things I'm trying to do for the Valley/YSU are all for not because of people like this.

I-AA Fan - is there a block feature on this site? Or do I just have to ignore everything Ray says?

It's one thing to disagree with someone, but it's another thing to say people are going into the coaches hotel room after what happened at Penn State and Syracuse. It's disgusting and disturbing.

Wow - talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Aren't you the guy calling other posters vulgar, derogatory names because you disagree with them?  Now its not good because someone said something vulgar about you?

You say you are trying to take a positive spin here, yet you call those who disagree with you idiots and turn their user names in to vulgar names?  Doing so undermines all the "positive" you claim to want to accomplish.

You're right, I make homophobic remarks like Ray does.

Anywho Indy - I'm not against you. I like you, I respect what you have to say. Because you advance conversation here and have a lot more to offer than the typical Wick250 post saying in a paraphrase "YSU sucks, the athletes suck, the team sucks, the coaches suck, the administration sucks, FIRE EM ALL"

Like I said, I don't want to get into it with you, because I respect you and think your posts are well thought out and believe you to be an intelligent, intellectual person. And if Wick250 is your friend, sorry for calling your friend a jerk. Maybe he is nice to meet in person??? But he comes off as a grumpy, negative person in cyber space. For whatever that's worth.
"Make no mistake, MSU is not going to be a top half of the Big 10 team. They are lower half. That O of theirs is due to be manhandled." - paladin

"Hunter Wells isn't ready next year for D-I football" - paladin

Hunter Wells Stat Tracker: 17/23 303 yds, 4TDs, 242.0 QB Rating

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2014, 01:48:29 PM »
JJ--Wick is one of the few posters on this site who has any common sense. I don't always agree with him, but I'm sure he doesn't always agree with me either and that's the way it's supposed to be. But He's not one of the ones to attack--he cares about YSU and has valued opinions. There are the 3 main imbeciles (and you know who they are) who make this board an anti-YSU board and it's a shame. 1-AA works hard to maintain this board and it's been a great place for conversation since it's inception. We want to keep guys like Wick around. There's certainly too few of them.

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2014, 03:05:07 PM »
JJ--Wick is one of the few posters on this site who has any common sense. I don't always agree with him, but I'm sure he doesn't always agree with me either and that's the way it's supposed to be. But He's not one of the ones to attack--he cares about YSU and has valued opinions. There are the 3 main imbeciles (and you know who they are) who make this board an anti-YSU board and it's a shame. 1-AA works hard to maintain this board and it's been a great place for conversation since it's inception. We want to keep guys like Wick around. There's certainly too few of them.

Good points. Maybe I jumped the gun on Wick250 and maybe he was just having a bad week. But all the time I read on vindy/trib/wkbn trolls on the comment section who say people don't go to YSU/Scrappers/Covelli Centre Events and it's all a lie. When Wick said only 250 people were there it struck a nerve.

But it still doesn't change my opinion on his notion that everyone being fired from the athletic department as being utter nonsense. Maybe he worded it wrong.
"Make no mistake, MSU is not going to be a top half of the Big 10 team. They are lower half. That O of theirs is due to be manhandled." - paladin

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2014, 06:32:11 PM »
I am not Anti-YSU like IP says.... I love this school, I just point out the facys and just don't like the head men's basketball coach and don't think he deserves to be the coach. Period

Offline jjysuwin

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2014, 06:34:09 PM »
I am not Anti-YSU like IP says.... I love this school, I just point out the facys and just don't like the head men's basketball coach and don't think he deserves to be the coach. Period

You're in the minority.