Author Topic: No television coverage of the first half of the game  (Read 8956 times)

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
No television coverage of the first half of the game
« on: September 09, 2013, 02:00:11 PM »
 I just checked the Saturday schedule on the Time Warner cable guide.  The Big Ten network is showing Akron-Michigan at noon, followed by YSU-Michigan State at 3:00, obviously joined in progress.  That is just wonderful.  The Big Ten scum monopolize tv and refuse to let a local channel carry the game.  Then, they refuse to show all of it. >:(  I hate big time college football more and more each day.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 04:40:11 PM by Wick250 »

Offline AFGuin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: No television coverage of the first half of the game
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 02:01:15 PM »
are you ever correct?
the BTN has more then 1 channel and will often open up that 2nd channel (611 on dtv or 610-1) for another game

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 02:34:48 PM »
However if you do not have the expanded channels ...Wick is correct. I know someone that might be able to tell me when they will cut the basic channel over to the Guins Wick. Let me see what I can find out.

Just so everyone knows. if u]you subscribe to TW cable, they will be showing all of the games on the computer feed. So when you get home tonight, register for the time-warner home page. Then you use those credentials to log into Big-10 and see the game. Last year, I had to select Time-Warner from a drop-down menu on the BTN website ...then it made me enter my TW ID/password & brought the game up. It does the same thing for espn.

Would someone here kind enough to post the ytown area Time-Warner web page for Youngstown?

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 03:10:39 PM »
Thanks IAA Fan.  A whole bunch of people with just basic cable are going to be very disappointed.  Even having the digital tier might not help, as W. Illinois v. Minnesota is scheduled on the BTN alternate channel at noon followed, again by YSU-MSU at 3:00.  Perhaps they do intend to pull the switch.  Find out if you can.

To get a Time Warner id, subscribers just need to access this generic website:

http://myservices.timewarnercable.com

Glad to hear that the BTN website will accept TW ids for computer-based coverage, if it comes down to that.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 04:39:55 PM by Wick250 »

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 09:52:12 PM »
Just an update.  The university athletic website now has the link to the BTN internet coverage of the game.  That will be available only to digital tier customers of cable companies that have an agreement with BTN.  Time-Warner does; don't know about the others.  As IAA Fan noted, you will need a cable company id and password.  Of course, basic cable customers are still screwed.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 07:05:38 PM »
Here is what I am able to find out from Time Warner. The basic channel will show the entire Akron game & cut to Big10- football today should it finish prior to the YSU kick-off. Should the Akron game run late ...they will stay with the Akrin game & can delay the YSU game. They recommended that I contact BTN. So I said the game starts at 2p & they said that they do not think so, and have Big10 football today scheduled to go until 3pm on the upper-tier channel that is only showing Michigan State (at 3p). I just called the Big-10 network & had to leave a message.

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 08:15:27 PM »
I have Comcast out here.  They have one channel for BTN (basic package) then three other channels that are  Comcast Xtra - they typically run the excess BTN games through here, minor league baseball, etc.

According to www.bigtennetwork.com/gamefinder  I will get YSU-Sparty live on Channel 694, the third of those Comcast Xtra channels as well as BTN2Go, which I assume is some sort of on-line delivery.

I don't know if the link above will help you find what they are doing with the game.  At least you will know what BTN is planning when you talk to them.

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 08:18:28 PM »
I tried Time Warner in zip 44501 (Youngstown) and it says channel 334 at 2 p.m.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 08:24:34 PM »
I have DirectTV and we have alternate BTN channels so I should be able to watch it right on time at 2

kforbs126

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2013, 09:34:15 AM »
I have ATT Uverse and right now the 12pm(west coast) slot for tomorrow says Teams TBD.  I'm hoping I can get to watch my guins this year!!!  Last year was so nice since almost every game was on espn3.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2013, 10:40:54 AM »
I bet the error is on the Time-Warner site & it is at 2pm

Offline KilrpengWin

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2013, 06:10:55 PM »
Does anyone know of any public house, sports bars, taverns or watering holes who are going to show the YSU game in it's entirety?  I would hate to sit down with my party, and just order comfort food and find no comfort in the fact that the operator of said establishment realizes he does not have the game on at 2 p.m.  Am hoping someone here knows one with some overflow channels, or BTN2GO.  Thanks for any help.....

Offline AFGuin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2013, 09:57:08 PM »
However if you do not have the expanded channels ...Wick is correct. I know someone that might be able to tell me when they will cut the basic channel over to the Guins Wick. Let me see what I can find out.

Just so everyone knows. if u]you subscribe to TW cable, they will be showing all of the games on the computer feed. So when you get home tonight, register for the time-warner home page. Then you use those credentials to log into Big-10 and see the game. Last year, I had to select Time-Warner from a drop-down menu on the BTN website ...then it made me enter my TW ID/password & brought the game up. It does the same thing for espn.

Would someone here kind enough to post the ytown area Time-Warner web page for Youngstown?

the expanded channels are always included every weekend if you have a package with the BTN
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 11:17:27 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline AFGuin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2013, 12:35:46 PM »
BTN Alt 2