Author Topic: Indiana St Roadtrip  (Read 5867 times)

Offline #1 Tailgater

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
Indiana St Roadtrip
« on: September 03, 2013, 10:46:57 PM »
Was wondering if anyone has been to Terre Haute for game?  Looking for recommendation for hotel and restaurants?  Would love to stay with a bunch of GUINS fans.

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Indiana St Roadtrip
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 09:35:42 AM »
Cannot answer your questions, but did want to let all fans know about road construction (again) in Indianapolis.

I-70 closed for about two miles in downtown Indianapolis yesterday and will be closed until early November.  They are lowering the roadway underneath several bridges to increase clearance.

The detour is to take I-465 around the South side of Indy and pick up 70 again near the airport.

Only a few extra miles, however there will likely be some backup at the interchange between 465 and 65 on the South side of Indy - that interchange is simply not designed to handle the amount of traffic it is getting now.

Offline Dracula

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 07:27:39 AM »
Try the Holiday Inn in Terre Haute. The team stays there & also a lot of fans.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 08:04:31 AM »
So who is going?

Bring rain gear looks like it could be a crappy day. We'll be there with a tent and a big YSU banner. We park close to the stadium along the side of the lot where the busses pull in.

Take note of Indy's detour info!

If you stay at the Holiday Inn take caution if you hang out at the Apple Club too late at night....I haven't been involed but I've heard some stories lol.

Pretty good breakfast buffet unless I'm thinking of somewhere else....

Offline penguinaunt32

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 09:49:10 AM »
We have always stayed at the Holiday Inn--not a real exciting town  Also be aware of construction thru Columbus

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 10:46:31 AM »
Very early forecast here is for the chance of severe weather with the upcoming cold front passage - seem to be pegging it for Saturday right now.

Indiana State Police have been out in force around Indy - in various types of unmarked vehicles include pick up trucks and sports cars as well as trotting out the motorcycles.

Sorry I cannot make it over.  My son is back from college this weekend for an event at his high school on Saturday and I am providing round trip transport on Friday and Sunday.

If there are any issues on I-70 in Indiana, US 40 is the alternate route.  East of Indy, US 40 runs south of 70, West of Indy, US 40 runs North of 70.  Slow slogging however you go - have your GPS at the ready just in case. 

Safe travels to all.  I will try to keep the thread updated with the weather thinking.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 08:50:24 PM »
Columbus is good. However, the stretch between Mansfield and the 270 outer-belt has lane restrictions.