Author Topic: New Beeghly Center Videoboard!  (Read 10520 times)

ValleyTalk

New Beeghly Center Videoboard!
« on: August 30, 2013, 03:52:11 PM »
Looking very impressive. Glad we are investing money into a new scoreboard at Beeghly Center. The men and women had terrific seasons last year.

Offline pioneer9

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: New Beeghly Center Videoboard!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 11:19:42 PM »
It's... About... Time. I loved the retro look just as much as the next person (haha) but its about time that the facility begins to reflect the kind of quality we are becoming to expect from our teams using it. Thanks to whoever made this happen!

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 08:50:48 AM »
Nice upgrade.  Now we need to get a new scoreboard and sound system at Stambaugh.  Overdue for that as well.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 10:52:52 PM »
You guys attack him all the times ...so now is the time to shed the praise as well. Strollo has done a wonderful job upgrading our Olympic sports ...and facilities.  Nice job Ron!!

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 11:02:34 PM »
I believe that any AD would do the same upgrades as Strollo has done.  All schools are upgrading. 

ValleyTalk

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 08:07:24 PM »
Here is another shot of it in testing!

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 10:53:32 PM »
That looks great. :)  Does anyone think that we can some day get rid of those old bleachers?  I would really like to see permanent seating, with concrete forms and theater type chairs.  But I would settle for collapsible red seats extending all the way up.  The bleachers were a necessity four decades ago when the building was all we had for physical education.  Now with the Watts and the enormous gym under the stadium, we don't need roll-back bleachers in Beeghly any longer.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2013, 11:08:24 AM »
I think you make good points Wick. I would like to see how many PE classes need the side. I would like to establish more consistent attendance first though.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2013, 01:18:06 PM »
That looks great. :)  Does anyone think that we can some day get rid of those old bleachers?  I would really like to see permanent seating, with concrete forms and theater type chairs.  But I would settle for collapsible red seats extending all the way up.  The bleachers were a necessity four decades ago when the building was all we had for physical education.  Now with the Watts and the enormous gym under the stadium, we don't need roll-back bleachers in Beeghly any longer.

I agree
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

ValleyTalk

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2013, 11:01:49 PM »
It is completely up!

Offline Penguin Nick

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2013, 09:34:09 AM »
The bleachere look cheap and ugly.  I bet it doesn't cost that much money to at least put moveable chair-backs in.  Duquesne University had ugly bleachers just like YSU and got rid of them and put in seats.  You lose some #’s but it looks much nicer.   
See the picture http://www.goduquesne.com/facilities/duqu-facil-palumbo.html

Offline Guins4Ever

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2013, 07:31:59 PM »
New Scoreboard in Stambaugh? The board that is there isn't even ten years old there is no need to replace that. I Do agree new sound system for sure.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2013, 07:35:40 PM »
New Scoreboard in Stambaugh? The board that is there isn't even ten years old there is no need to replace that. I Do agree new sound system for sure.
It is terrible to view during day games. I was at the Mooney game Saturday afternoon and you could barely read the score and time on it. Thank God for the smaller scoreboard by Beeghly because I could actually read it!

Furthermore, the spot where you list teams on the big scoreboard was not even functioning. I agree that the sound system should be the #1 priority as it is really bad, but a top notch scoreboard should be in the works 4-5 years out. Hopefully some corporate sponsors will step up.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2013, 08:24:00 PM »
Agreed. A new video scoreboard is a must at Stambaugh. Can barely see what they put up there

ValleyTalk

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2013, 06:39:12 PM »
The updates continue:

Video of it in action: http://instagram.com/p/d2cYZIMwlv/