Author Topic: MSU Game  (Read 39330 times)

Offline AFGuin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
MSU Game
« on: August 27, 2013, 01:25:26 PM »
I feel almost as confident we pull off the upset as i did vs Pitt, We like the pitt game, Matchup very well with MSU. They have a QB who sucks and the rest dont have experiance being that our secondary has been our weaklink this is great for us.  We also kept up with them until the 4th the last time we played them, i think we should win by a TD or so

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: MSU Game
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 01:48:58 PM »
What are you smoking?  Is this fodder for the MSU board?  They are picked to win their side of the B1G according to several analyists.

While they could be overlooking us becasue they play ND, I don't think Narduzzi will let the defense forget. Narduzzi hates YSU becasue they fired his dad to hire Tressel.

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 02:39:52 PM »
Let's get Dayton out of the way before we look too far down the road.  It has been unusually quiet out of Youngstown so it's hard to know what to expect.  Some areas of the depth chart that was posted doesn't make much sense. 

We may catch michigan state looking ahead towards ND, but they still have the #1 ranked defense in the
Big 10.  Turnovers and injuries would be their downfall.  That said: "on any given Saturday (or Thursday)"

Offline AFGuin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 03:22:15 PM »
What are you smoking?  Is this fodder for the MSU board?  They are picked to win their side of the B1G according to several analyists.

While they could be overlooking us becasue they play ND, I don't think Narduzzi will let the defense forget. Narduzzi hates YSU becasue they fired his dad to hire Tressel.
What the hell are you smoking? MS isn't even going to be a .500 team this year

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 03:30:42 PM »
One of the big shortcomings under Wolford has been the inability to focus on the opponent at hand.  Need I remind anybody of the Missouri State fiasco of two seasons ago?  We should worry about Michigan State at the appropriate time and not a second sooner. 

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 04:34:12 PM »
We should worry about Michigan State at the appropriate time and not a second sooner.

The thought of catching MSU looking ahead when that is exactly what we're doing.  OK, so what is the update on Penguin injuries and the outlook for Dayton?  I hear we should win by a comfortable margin but I haven't heard why.  What should we look for Thursday?

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 04:38:33 PM »
We should worry about Michigan State at the appropriate time and not a second sooner.

The thought of catching MSU looking ahead when that is exactly what we're doing.  OK, so what is the update on Penguin injuries and the outlook for Dayton?  I hear we should win by a comfortable margin but I haven't heard why.  What should we look for Thursday?

Only guy out is Hymes, and Wolf said even that's precautionary. The team is ready to go

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 08:18:28 PM »

What the hell are you smoking? MS isn't even going to be a .500 team this year

Please don't take my comment to heart. I was just having fun with you since you are new. I like your thoughts, just don't think that it will be that easy. Dantonio is a great coach and coached here and he won't let them look past us, especially with Narduzzi there and the fact that losing that game could be career ending at MSU.  Just don't see that happening.

Offline GoGuins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 09:46:24 PM »
Lil brother's defense will be one of the better ones in the B1G, but their offense is very average especially with the loss of Leveon Bell.  They just lost 2 starters on the offensive line.  They do have big physical receivers, but Maxwell was just named the starter after battling to keep his job from last season.  YSU will have to play flawless on offense and grind it out and try to wear down MSU's D.  MSU will win by 21+

Offline AFGuin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2013, 09:42:47 PM »
Big bad MSU struggling with Western scUM  ;D up 7-0 in the 2nd with about 8 minutes til half IIRC in a lighting delay

Offline AFGuin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2013, 10:28:33 PM »
7-7 3 minutes til halftime

Like i said, MSU has no offense

Offline AFGuin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 10:40:16 PM »
13-7 MSU at Half.

Offline AFGuin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2013, 12:14:50 AM »
Welp about 5 minutes left in the game, MSU scored 2 TDs on both sides of the ball, but their D didnt look real impressive as WMU OL is terrible and slow

ValleyTalk

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2013, 12:32:26 AM »
Welp about 5 minutes left in the game, MSU scored 2 TDs on both sides of the ball, but their D didnt look real impressive as WMU OL is terrible and slow
Nothing spectacular, lets worry about Morehead first. This is a 12 game season. Our mediocre performance vs. Dayton does not need to define our season. God knows that Pitt win didn't define last season.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2013, 08:35:50 AM »
Dantonio is one of the best coaches in college football. They have a fantastic defense. Dominant defense. The offense needs some worr but that is how he rolls. I don't see us having a chance. We can't even complete a pass against a PFL team at this point. The line is not playing well and they are inexperienced. This will spell doom for the O in the game.