Author Topic: Football traditions I would like to see come back  (Read 9847 times)

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Football traditions I would like to see come back
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2013, 10:40:33 AM »
Fly overs and the Kamikaze flag are cool I'll give you that.

Offline LazyWorkaholic

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2013, 09:33:15 PM »
The Pride is doing a motown show and a swing show this year, including a song that was played in the past; the band is a little bigger this year and will be able to pull it off. You'll only hear pop songs in pregame this year. Also, instead of ABC fanfare, there will be a fanfare with the fight song mixed in. And I would love to see the tuba pyramid come back. It ended when they got new uniforms and the director at the time didn't want to risk ruining them.

Offline GoGuins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2013, 09:54:41 PM »
I haven't been to a game since the 2006 playoffs, but remember seeing how small the band had gotten.  Is it still like that?  It seemed like there was only 50 members in it.  Back in the 90's there were 175-200 easy

Offline LazyWorkaholic

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2013, 10:59:43 PM »
It was at 130 in 2006 and fell down to 115 a few years later. This year it worked it's way back up to 145-150, a 20 member increase from last year. It's still small compared to the 90's, but in the 90's, playoffs were guaranteed and the director(s) were likeable. The new director (Payne) is liked by students and a winning team (Win vs. Pitt) brought it up, and hopefully it will continue.