YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Jamaine Cook back with Browns

(1/1)

ysuindy:
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Browns-signing-running-back-Jamaine-Cook.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The Cleveland Browns plan to sign running back Jamaine Cook today following a tryout and running back Dion Lewis' broken fibula, according to a league source.

Lewis is expected to undergo surgery and will be placed on injured reserve.

This marks Cook's second stint with the Browns after being waived earlier this year when the team signed Miguel Maysonet.

The former Youngstown State standout rushed for 4,052 yards in college with 39 touchdowns.

Cook rushed for more than 1,200 yards and 11 touchdowns in three seasons as a starter, including 1,279 yards and 15 touchdowns last season.

kforbs126:
Great opportunity for Cook and hopefully he gets some playing time to show his stuff.  Good Luck!

Wick250:
I fear that the Browns are just "using" him, and that they will pick up another veteran running back after the next round of cuts.  Of course, I hope that I am wrong and that Cook gets his shot at glory.  The kid deserves it.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on August 19, 2013, 12:36:26 PM ---I fear that the Browns are just "using" him, and that they will pick up another veteran running back after the next round of cuts.  Of course, I hope that I am wrong and that Cook gets his shot at glory.  The kid deserves it.

--- End quote ---

No doubt that is true, but as long as he is on the team he has a chance to impress

Pizza:
Cook = Class. He's going to win in life no matter what he does.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version