Author Topic: 2014 Men's Basketball Recruiting Master List  (Read 25415 times)

Offline spartan41

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Men's Basketball Recruiting Master List
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2014, 11:00:03 AM »
You guys are getting a great player and a relentless worker with Shaun Stewart.  In high school he actually had right at 2000 points for his career and averaged 27ppg.  He was player of the year 2 times.  He can score at will.  He can also dish the ball out to.  I am really excited for him and your team.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2014, 11:55:05 AM »
You guys are getting a great player and a relentless worker with Shaun Stewart.  In high school he actually had right at 2000 points for his career and averaged 27ppg.  He was player of the year 2 times.  He can score at will.  He can also dish the ball out to.  I am really excited for him and your team.
Although typically I am not excited about JUCO's, this is a kid that played at a D1 school before, NC A&T, and also had an offer to Liberty, a respectable program and school that would not be the type to recruit a troubled kid.

Looking forward to what he can bring to our program.

Offline spartan41

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2014, 09:36:38 PM »
Not troubled at all. The coach that recruited him at A&T was fired after he signed with them.  Didn't fit the new guys system.  That's why he went the juco route.  Trust me a great all around kid.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2014, 12:02:09 AM »
Cameron Morse signs with YSU:
highschoolsports.mlive.com/news/article/-1477719882930035107/flint-journal-player-of-the-year-cameron-morse-headed-to-youngstown-state-for-college-basketball/

Perhaps to fill gap of Biles not coming???

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2014, 09:39:51 AM »
Jordan Andrews, a 6-4 SG from Riverside HS has signed with YSU. Had offers from Arkansas St and Robert Morris along with Southeastern and Northeastern, and Louisana-Monroe. Seems like he has a nice jumpshot.

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2014/09/riverside_2015_shooting_guard.html

ValleyTalk

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2014, 01:04:30 PM »
Milan PG Latin Davis (@DavisLatin32) verbally commits to play basketball at Youngstown State University (@YSUMensHoops).

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/latin-davis

Chose Youngstown State over Kent State!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2014, 01:33:11 PM »
Milan PG Latin Davis (@DavisLatin32) verbally commits to play basketball at Youngstown State University (@YSUMensHoops).

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/latin-davis

Chose Youngstown State over Kent State!

Also had offers from Buffalo and Northern Illinois.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2014, 06:17:13 PM »
We have another commit. No clue of his name though haha!

@__DEVH23: after spending the day to consult with my parents I've proudly decided to play at Youngstown state university next season✊🏀🏀

jimmiejames

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2014, 06:21:48 PM »
Devin Haygood
Small Forward
6'7", 175 lbs
Lincoln Senior High School, Ypsilanti, MI

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2014, 02:55:10 PM »
Welcome Jimmie and Devin!!

Offline motorcitysam

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2014, 05:47:55 PM »
Devin Haygood
Small Forward
6'7", 175 lbs

Greetings, Penguin fans.  Devin attends the same high school I graduated from back in the 80s and I saw him play several times last year.  He struck me as a skilled player, who is probably a  year or two away from having a major impact at the Horizon League level.  He will probably give you something as a freshman but his real impact will be later on.  He has a good shot and good ball handling ability, and needs to add some size and strength.  He reportedly had a really good spring/summer. 

Latin Davis is a good recruit at the point guard spot.  He plays for Milan High School and Milan was our rival when I played high school ball at Lincoln.  I'm very familiar with Davis.  He improved a lot from his sophomore to junior year, and played a huge role in Milan winning the Class B state title.   He's very close friends with his teammate, power forward Nick Perkins, who also has several D1 offers. 

I'm a University of Detroit grad and a big Titan fan, but I wanted to drop in and congratulate your team and two players from my area on those commitments. 

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2014, 10:13:44 AM »
Devin Haygood
Small Forward
6'7", 175 lbs

Greetings, Penguin fans.  Devin attends the same high school I graduated from back in the 80s and I saw him play several times last year.  He struck me as a skilled player, who is probably a  year or two away from having a major impact at the Horizon League level.  He will probably give you something as a freshman but his real impact will be later on.  He has a good shot and good ball handling ability, and needs to add some size and strength.  He reportedly had a really good spring/summer. 

Latin Davis is a good recruit at the point guard spot.  He plays for Milan High School and Milan was our rival when I played high school ball at Lincoln.  I'm very familiar with Davis.  He improved a lot from his sophomore to junior year, and played a huge role in Milan winning the Class B state title.   He's very close friends with his teammate, power forward Nick Perkins, who also has several D1 offers. 

I'm a University of Detroit grad and a big Titan fan, but I wanted to drop in and congratulate your team and two players from my area on those commitments.

Thanks for the insight!

Offline motorcitysam

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2014, 01:24:55 PM »
You're welcome.  I'll probably see Devin play quite a bit during the season, so I'll drop in from time to time with an update on how he's doing if you folks don't mind. 

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2014, 02:17:43 PM »
You're welcome.  I'll probably see Devin play quite a bit during the season, so I'll drop in from time to time with an update on how he's doing if you folks don't mind.

Yep, that would be awesome, thanks.

Offline motorcitysam

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2014, 06:37:52 PM »
Thought you guys might enjoy this article.  Devin Haygood and Latin Davis are both mentioned prominently. 

http://theprepballreport.com/2014/11/08/east-michigans-20-duos-to-watch-this-season/