Author Topic: Men's Basketball Recruiting Target 6-8 Eric Hamilton (2014)  (Read 4921 times)

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
YSU, James Madision and Tennessee Martin have offerred 6-8 PF Eric Hamilton of Suwanee (GA) North Gwinnett High School

http://verbalcommits.com/players/eric-hamilton

From this article http://247sports.com/Article/Which-players-have-stood-out-during-the-July-evalutation-period-140376

2014 PF Eric Hamilton (Suwanee, Ga./North Gwinnett)

Following a strong performance at the NBAPA Top 100 camp, Hamilton took his game a step further and impressed coaches with his versatility at the Best of the South Tournament last week. The 6-foot-7 forward is cable of knocking down the elbow jumper and also plays with a high motor around the basket that makes him strong on the glass and capable of getting several put back baskets through the game. Recruiting skyrocketed for Hamilton after last week with interest pouring in from Alabama, Cincinnati, Oregon State, Winthrop and VCU.

And from this article http://www.hoopseen.com/index.php/news/weveseen/item/512-beseen-eric-hamilton-shines-at-best-of-the-south

SUWANEE, GA – Everyone has a moment in life where it all finally clicks. Everything comes together and the drive to be the best is not a burden but a passion.

For the last month, the Southern Kings’ Eric Hamilton has worked on his game to become the best player possible. Basketball fans and college coaches had a chance to see the fruits of his labor during the Best of the South.

He was looking for the opportunity to #BeSEEN.

During the July evaluation week, Hamilton went from a virtually unknown to the buzz of the tournament. Everyone was interested in learning more about the 6-foot-8 forward, who was relentless on both ends of the floor.

Hamilton’s effort and performance caught the attention of several coaches in the building earning offers from Youngstown State and Tennessee-Martin. Oregon State, Wichita State, Murray State, Texas Tech, Hofstra, Brown and San Jose State have all have inquired.

All are interested in seeing what the North Gwinnett High product can continue doing and where can his game soar to next.

Well, Hamilton can answer the latter.

“I have been in the gym working on my game,” he said. “Trying to get ready for college.”

For several weeks, Hamilton has been in the gym trying to improve every aspect of his game. He has played the post primarily throughout his prep year. He realized that had to change some after a trip to Virginia.

He went to the NBA Top 100 camp last month and was surrounded by the best and more notable players in the country. This is when it all clicked.

“That was my changing point,” Hamilton said. “Seeing that I was in the circle of guys I was playing with really helped me.”

Hamilton returned with a fire in his soul, which has ignited a desire to be the best like no other. He is lifting weights before events, knocking out push-ups nightly and handling the ball in the garage.

“There is no limit on how good I can be,” Hamilton said. “I just have to work for it.”
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 07:14:49 PM by ysuindy »

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Men's Basketball Recruiting Target 6-8 Eric Hamilton (2014)
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 03:07:23 PM »
Hamilton will sign in November according to VerbalCommits.com

His current list of offers is: YSU, Jacksonville, Norfolk State, Chattanooga, Gardner Webb, Charleston Southern, James Madison and UT Martin.

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 10:37:00 AM »
Hamilton is down to 8 schools.

Cleveland State is on the list.

YSU is not.

Will update the master list.

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 08:20:30 PM »
Hamilton has committed to Wichita State