Author Topic: Women's hoops recruit released from NLI and signs with Ohio U  (Read 5060 times)

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Can't like while on my phone but Plain Dealer reporting YSU signee Hannah Boesinger has been released from her Letter of Intent and has signed with Ohio U and Boldon.  She is a 5-11 forward from Hudson.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Women's hoops recruit released from NLI and signs with Ohio U
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 04:23:34 PM »
This is one we should have "stuck to our guns" on. I thought we could at least make her sit for a year? How does that work? I know that a recruit from ND has to sit a year when he transfers to UCLA, as the school is not supporting the move. That is football.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 08:13:10 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 07:52:33 PM »
Did we not read at the time that Boldon left that he had agreed not to recruit players at Ohio University that he was already recruiting for us?  Was that not part of the negotiations as he broke his contract?  I guess that applied only to high school prospects and not individuals who had already signed.  On the surface, Strollo's decision here sets a very bad precedent.  Of course, there is the possibility that the new coach does not really want this player and has a better use for the scholarship.

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 09:23:39 PM »
This whole thing stinks to high heaven and has me very irritated. Here's the story: When Boldon left he did say he wouldn't take any players with him. I guess he only meant existing players. That's lie #1. Coach Barnes contacted the girl after he got the job and she told him she was on board and everything was fine. Then suddenly a couple of weeks later, the girl and her family ask for a release with some BS story about wanting to change majors. Lie # 2. There were pictures on facebook with Kate Schrader (former YSU asst. and now OU asst) and the girl at OU. (as an aside, if Boldon went to coach in a toilet, Schrader would surely follow). So not wanting to have someone here who didn't want to be here, we gave her the release, which in my mind is unforgivable. We could have released her with exceptions, like no Ohio U, Akron, Cleveland St, etc. but we chose a blanket release. Stupid. Now the girl, all of a sudden, wants to "academically" go to OU. It's a bunch of crap, and Boldon is a lying snake. I hope OU goes 0-30 and the girl stinks.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 09:24:54 PM by ItalianPenguin »

Offline southbeach

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 08:33:08 AM »
If you read the plain dealer article about her release from her LOI she had know idea where she would go to school! Lie #3! She had plans on visiting 3 schools! Lie # 4. OU was the first school she visited. Bolden just happened to have one scholarship available and he offered it to her ! Lie # 5. It was a done deal before she got there! Finally she changed her academic interests so it was about more than basketball! Lie # 6! Btw I am glad we take the high road on situation like this. If they don't want to be here I don'twant  them! That being said here's hoping the bobcats go 0-30! :-))

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 02:45:43 PM »
IP, thanks, as usual, for the inside scoop.  Even before Boldon left, I figured there was a 50% possibility that he was a really good coach and a 50% possibility that the resurgence in our women's program had little to do with him and much to do with Brandi Brown.  Hopefully, the second possibility is valid and this guy fails.  After this major breach in professional conduct, I join the voices that wish Boldon nothing but the worst.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 07:43:54 PM »
Our AD caved in and released her.  How can you blame Bolden when nobody at YSU would put a foot down to stop it.  Our AD is a gem.

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 08:17:57 PM »
I think our AD is  gem also.  Sorry but in a different context than you.
Matters not, loose at baseball, basketball or the mighty football,
(Not in scoring, but in decision making)
All you hear is....................................

ITS THE AD WHO IS TO BLAME.  WHAT OR WHY?  Can we just NEVER expect
respectable people?  She must have wanted to be released, so go already,
why keep her? 

Our AD is an above board guy, I surely do not think he would wheel
and deal with Bolden.  I find it difficult to sit back, as a YSU fan and
not respond to such a post.  Sorry but that's my opinion.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 08:39:31 PM »
How about we schedule OU and beat the crap out of them. She is gone, her loss move on!
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 08:54:14 PM »
Let's not forget that Elaine Jacobs is SWA & supervisor of woman's basketball. Despite the challenges she presents, she is an above-board person ...certainly she must take her share of the blame. I have no issues with either her or Strollo overall; I just feel we should have put some limitations on the move ...no HL, Ohio or WPa DI schools.