Author Topic: HL news  (Read 4154 times)

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
HL news
« on: April 28, 2013, 11:06:18 AM »
Detroit's daddy's boy Ray-Ray McCallum is leaving Detroit to enter the NBA draft. With the departure of fellow thugs Anderson and Minnerath, and the rumored departure of Calliste, it should make that band of miscreants somewhat irrelevant next year. I'd look for daddy McCallum to bail on that sinking ship as well. Hopefully they'll get theirs next season. Also, UWGB's 7-footer Alec Brown IS returning next season. Was hoping he'd go pro also, but subpar junior season relegated him to projecting to be a late 2nd round pick in the draft, so he's coming back. Wright St and GB should be pre-season favorites. I think we're in the next grouping.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: HL news
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 11:55:31 AM »
Good.  Valpo lost most of their starters too.  Correct?  Agree that Green Bay and Wright State appear to be on top, but neither is much more than a shadow of what Butler used to be in this league.  Doesn't this make Perry an early frontrunner for POY?  Does anybody coming back have better credentials?  Brown at Green Bay?  For me, a seven-footer better be extraordinarily good to be considered for POY.  Brown ain't that. ???

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 01:00:14 PM »
There will be no excuses for us to finish near the top next season. None. Cleveland State will be a lot better than last year

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 03:38:20 PM »
Good.  Valpo lost most of their starters too.  Correct?  Agree that Green Bay and Wright State appear to be on top, but neither is much more than a shadow of what Butler used to be in this league.  Doesn't this make Perry an early frontrunner for POY?  Does anybody coming back have better credentials?  Brown at Green Bay?  For me, a seven-footer better be extraordinarily good to be considered for POY.  Brown ain't that. ???
Valpo lost ALL their starters

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 04:44:32 PM »
Valpo lost 7 seniors.  Green Bay is investigating the coach for verbal abuse and have lost 2 reserves to transfer and I think one starter Muhammad to transfer as well.  Now that Detroit is losing MaCallum it will be a wide open race from 2nd to last.  Wright St will be the favorite and then the rest will be hard to pick.  We also have to wait and see who are the new teams to join the Horizon this summer.   If YSU can still get a big man then we can make noise. 

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 04:39:15 PM »
I believe the Guins squandered their best chance to win the conference tournament since they entered the Horizon. With Butler leaving and CSU's injuries this may have been the weakest the conference has been since YSU joined. Add to that an improved Penguin squad, and the Guins could have made it to the Horizon championship game, but they didn't even make it to the semifinals.  With McCallum leaving, the Valpo seniors and the coaching questions at Green Bay, the conference may be even weaker next season.  Depending on which schools are added, the Guins should contend for the conference tournament title.