Author Topic: Starters Shine in Today's Scrimmage  (Read 9409 times)

Offline Muskie44

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Starters Shine in Today's Scrimmage
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2013, 11:27:06 AM »
The experience, athleticism and teamwork in the secondary has shown through this spring. This unit, and their very strong backups, intercepted three last Saturday. In addition, they dropped one interception and took one of the INT's to the house. How long has it been since you saw that many take-aways in a 50 play sequence? By the way, our line-backing corp is attacking and disrupting on just about every play. They get to their hook and flat zones much better this year. The secondary defense should not be in question this year.  Now, let's eliminate the occasional mental breakdown and this could be the best secondary we have seen in sometime.

Okay, Pizza, no attempt to remain anonymous. I will always call it the way I see it, even if it involves my own. There is never an attempt to mislead, but I love the penguins and will let those on this site know what I see since they may not be able to do so themselves. I don't have the longevity of most of you, but hope to always remain a staunch supporter of the Guins even after mine moves on.

In addition, I am attempting to increase the noise around this years' squad. They look very, very good and everyone should be ramping up their enthusiasm. Go Guins!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2013, 12:22:06 PM »
Welcome Muskie. No worries, you are not far from the only one. That is part of what makes this board the best place to get Penguin info. Heck I am not an "old-timer" yet, and I have been a fan since I was just a kid back in the 1970's.

Warning, sometimes you need a strong constitution ;) to be a board reader/poster, and a fan.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 12:30:02 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2013, 07:57:05 AM »
Thanks for the report Muskie. Very encouraging so far!