Author Topic: YSU trying to get GB Assistant  (Read 5399 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
YSU trying to get GB Assistant
« on: April 03, 2013, 09:24:00 PM »
Hmmm very interesting! I'll take him anyday. A little payback for not getting the head coaching job? Go get em Ron!

http://www.myvalleysports.com/content/headlines/story/YSU-Eyes-Green-Bay-Assistant/CZC5DN65zkqW2MbrWVOYvw.cspx

Sid

Re: YSU trying to get GB Assistant
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 10:55:27 PM »
I say go after Mike Rice! We have mangino and a few others like him coaching football. Rice would fit right in!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 11:31:50 PM »
I say go after Mike Rice! We have mangino and a few others like him coaching football. Rice would fit right in!

That man should never be allowed to coach basketball ever again

Sid

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 03:25:48 AM »
How is what Rice did different than what mangino did?  I mean, we hired mangino, right?

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 09:16:25 AM »
Why do people continually hijack threads so that they can promote their unrelated opinions?  Sid, go to the main menu, hit "new topic" and then feel free to trash Mangino to your heart's content.  But please stay out of the thread about women's basketball.

This Green Bay assistant looks like the perfect choice.  Great record as a D2 coach and impressive experience at the DI level.  The only problem is that he is a white male.  That will not sit well with the politically correct trash that infest our campus.  Strollo should remember very well how his two affirmative action coaches turned the program into an embarrassment.  Stand your ground, Ron, and deliver the quality coach.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 10:47:35 AM »
How is what Rice did different than what mangino did?  I mean, we hired mangino, right?

Just stop

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 01:02:19 PM »
Sid, go to the main menu, hit "new topic" and then feel free to trash Mangino to your heart's content.  But please stay out of the thread about women's basketball.
I concur.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 01:06:01 PM »
Why do people continually hijack threads so that they can promote their unrelated opinions?  Sid, go to the main menu, hit "new topic" and then feel free to trash Mangino to your heart's content.  But please stay out of the thread about women's basketball.

This Green Bay assistant looks like the perfect choice.  Great record as a D2 coach and impressive experience at the DI level.  The only problem is that he is a white male.  That will not sit well with the politically correct trash that infest our campus.  Strollo should remember very well how his two affirmative action coaches turned the program into an embarrassment.  Stand your ground, Ron, and deliver the quality coach.

I agree Wick. Everything looks good that I have found so far. I more I think about it, the more I feel the race and gender issue will not really pose a problem; use a simple comparison of the past 4 coaches. What did the two successful HC's have in common? Race, gender, and success (neither of the three are related to each other). I would be more concerned with UWGB's move to stop an in-conference move, but that will not be an issue much longer either. Besides, when it is a move to an HC job, from an assistant, I do not think normal in-conference transfer guidelines apply.

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 05:31:55 PM »
Krispinsky reporting on Twitter that contract negotiations underwater with Barnes.  Balash
reporting 16 applicants.  Would like to get something done soon to salvage this recruiting period. 
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 05:32:32 PM by ysuindy »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2013, 10:06:31 PM »
Do we have any scholarships Indy? I thought we only had 1, and it is going to a transfer sitting out.

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 11:10:13 PM »
There is 1 scholarship available. We signed 2 early recruits in November. We did not have a full 15 scholarship squad this past season. There were 2 D-1 transfers sitting out and 2 freshmen red-shirting.