Author Topic: Ed Muransky  (Read 9454 times)

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Ed Muransky
« on: March 19, 2013, 01:08:50 PM »
Bobby Hannon said at yesterday's Curbstone Coaches' meeting that Ed will not be joining him in the radio booth this fall.  Any former assistant coaches or players in the area that would make a good replacement?

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Ed Muransky
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 05:51:45 PM »
No doubt Ed is a nice guy but I will not miss him. I know it will not happen but think rubber bands.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 08:15:33 AM »
Bobby Hannon said at yesterday's Curbstone Coaches' meeting that Ed will not be joining him in the radio booth this fall.  Any former assistant coaches or players in the area that would make a good replacement?

ME!
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 08:44:58 AM »

ME!

Not sure the radio audience would be ready for your sense of humor.  How about your son?  Is he a little more "politically correct"?

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 09:13:55 PM »

ME!

Ok with me
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 09:49:03 AM »

ME!

Not sure how all the slurring would go over with the crowd when doing the radio show after tailgating. :P

Then again, the Browns use Bernie and he sounds drunk all the time.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 09:50:15 AM by penguinpower »

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 08:28:15 AM »

ME!

Not sure the radio audience would be ready for your sense of humor.  How about your son?  Is he a little more "politically correct"?

He is worse.

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 08:30:00 AM »

ME!

Not sure how all the slurring would go over with the crowd when doing the radio show after tailgating. :P

LOL,  Well let's get a petition drive going that we dedicated YSU fans and tailgaters want REPRESENTATION in the booth or on the sideline.  I am pretty sure I can do 700% better than the kid on the field now.

Offline GoGuins2010

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 12:42:11 PM »
I wish it was Hannon that was leaving. I may be actually able to tell what the hell is going on during the game.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 01:06:58 PM »

ME!

You would be a great color guy becuase it seems that you know a lot about a lot of people in the community, afootball, and also what is going on with the football team.

LOL,  Well let's get a petition drive going that we dedicated YSU fans and tailgaters want REPRESENTATION in the booth or on the sideline.  I am pretty sure I can do 700% better than the kid on the field now.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 02:19:34 PM »
Here is what I would like to see happen.  Hannon is a terrible play-by-play radio announcer.  He is incapable of providing a "word picture" of the action that is unfolding on the field.  On the other hand, he has an opinion about everything, often expressed during the action that he should be covering.  The solution is this: make Hannon the analyst and find a competent, accurate play-by-play announcer.  Then our fans can get reliable action coverage and Hannon can pontificate on any subject between plays.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2013, 06:11:40 PM »
Not a bad idea Wick. However, I will say this; the announcer for the Buckeyes ...used to work for 610wtvn ...gets the same bad wrap about play-by-play skills. They improved only slightly over the years, and he now works for the university, as "the voice of the buckeyes". Calls play-by-play for FB, BB, Hockey, and even more, as he does the weekly & daily shows as well. When I hear him (Keels is the name I believe) I know I am listening to the Buckeyes.

I consider Hannon to be "the voice of the Penguins" ...and so do many others. Additionally, no matter how many times I heard about "hang-time", I still enjoyed coach and would welcome him back. You seem to be into media, as am I (I was an announcer/DJ for almost 10-years) so here is an example. Listen to last year's booth announcer. Such a noticeable step below the person we have had for years, I do not even now their names, but I love to hear him announce a Penguin game. A listener develops a feeling from the announcer, that was not there last year.

I grew up by the ocean then I moved to Youngstown. I then moved to Ashtabula and slept as I had not in years, Then I realized what it was ...the water was a part of me. A good announcer, or talk-show host does the same thing. Growing up, mother had two people playing in the house all the time:
-Dan Ryan WBBW
-Howie Chizik WBBW/WNIR

They were like "family" to her. As was Tom Holdon on TV.