YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Ladies vs. Detroit

(1/4) > >>

IAA Fan:
Tonight scares me. We do not match up well against UDM, and we are short. We need this win, as UWGB is going to give a W to Loyola.

Lets_Talk:
Do not count on a win against Detroit. Brandi Brown left the game with what appeared to be an ankle injury with about 7-8 minutes to go in the first half. It is now 2nd half, and Brandi has not been back in the game. YSU trails 36-26.

GB is leading Loyola 21-10 with about 9 minutes left in the 1sr half. So, things are looking goodfor YSU to finish alone in 2nd place, even with a loss at Detroit.

Just hope Brandi is able to play in the HL Tournament.

IAA Fan:
oh no, i wondered why she was not in there. we are being embarrassed right now. i cannot watch. we just shoot hopeless 3-pointers and have not hit on in the last 9 tries. udm has 15 turnovers in the second half an we actually fell further behind

Lets_Talk:
Embarrassed? YSU started this game without 2 of their best players, and played the final 27+ minutes of this game without their top 3 players, including the likely POY in the HL. And, despite all of that, YSU only lost 62-48 on the road. Detroit is a good team and 16-11/9-6. With their win and a loss by Loyola, Detroit will be in a tie third for 3rd place with Loyola.

I watched the game. It was far from pretty, even when Brandi was playing. When she went out, I honestly thought YSU might lose by 30+ points. Without Brandi, YSU had no post players. They were down to 7 healthy players, 4 of whom are Frosh, with one of those players being a walk-on. And, the tallest player was at best 5'9".

Brandi left the game with about 7:30 left in the first half, and Detroit ahead 19-16. Without Brandi, Karen and Heidi, the other 8 players somehow managed to keep the outcome very respectable. I mean, at halftime, Detroit only led by 8 points 29-21. And, the 2nd half, Detroit only outscored YSU by 6 points. How is that being "embarrassed" given the circumstances?

I give this YSU team alot of credit for keeping the game as close as they did. It would have been easy for the players to just quit. Just go through the motions and hope GB beats Loyola. Hang their heads and say "here we go again with injuries" and/or "what is the use in playing without Brandi". But, to their credit, that did not happen. This says alot about the players and also the coaching staff. Was not to long ago that YSU was getting beat consistently on the road by 20 or more points. The lead was only 8 with 4:30 left in the game. Was obvious Detroit was going to win, but they still had to EARN this victory.

Lets_Talk:
GB is beating Loyola 52-30 with 8 minutes left. Safe to say GB is going to win this game.

Thus, YSU will finish 21-8/11-7 and outright 2nd place in the HL..... GREAT SEASON!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version