Author Topic: Looks like YSU will have to go outside the B1G when scheduling a money game..  (Read 11304 times)

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
I would not like exchanging playoff runs for the Little Caesars Bowl or worse, but it would make the regular season more fun to play against teams like Akron, Kent St., and even Bowling Green, Miami, and Ohio. Granted, I'd rather play them on Saturdays ...
I agree.  A playoff run is better than the bowls they play in, but playing Akron, Kent, OU, BG, and Miami every year is way better than playing the MVFC teams.  I would enjoy attending road games without having to drive over a 1000 miles round-trip, and if our fans don't sell out the stadium at least the oppostion will bring more than the 100 that come now.

Offline Dracula

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
Road trips would be better, I agree, however does the budget support the move ?

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Lots of changes yet to come, super conferences still being formed and when all is said and done leagues like the mac will be left in a vacuum. Any ones guess what will happen but it sure would be nice to play the other OH schools, home and home of course.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline DiscMan

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
If YSU would ever hope to make the jump to the MAC they would first have to agree on upping the budget by quite a few millions of dollars to even have a chance at success.

Besides that, lets call it what it is.   FBS is better than FCS.  period.  More money, more exposure, more freshman enrollment.  So the question is if we're not looking to make the move to FBS, in ALL sports.   Whats the point!!?  If your not trying to get better and increase your station...why have athletics?  If we're content in playing in a playoff system that the rest of the country could care less about,  with very little monetary reward, we might as well throw in the towel now and not waste money on former Kansas Coaches