Author Topic: NO PLAYOFFS  (Read 13373 times)

Offline Train

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: NO PLAYOFFS
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2012, 08:48:57 PM »
lets talk...and penguin in boston....
i am just going with the eye test....plesse watch some of these first round teams and tell me what you
think...not saying leave conference because its to hard.....leave because your fans cant feasably attend any
away games...and the travel other teams have to take for there away games is considerably less across the board...

Offline YSUinBoston

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2012, 09:57:09 PM »
So, which conference would you prefer?  It is a fact YSU is the farthest east in the conference----but the travel isn't that bad.  This isn't exactly the MidCon when we were in that for basketball and playing games in Utah and Oklahoma.  I'd prefer to play in a competitive conference.  If there was a MAC style conference with multiple Ohio schools, you obvious do that....but the options are limited in FCS.

As for the eye test---you know YSU lost a game by 41 points, right?  Lost four games in a row and then barely squeaked out a win against a terrible team on homecoming?  This is an above average football team.  No more, no less.  Are they better than some teams that made the playoffs?  Maybe.  I don't follow all these teams enough to know.  But----when you lose four games, you forfeit your ability to b**** about it.  You want to make the playoffs?  Win your games. 

Offline guin52

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2012, 01:08:36 PM »
What do you mean by eye test?

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2012, 03:19:54 PM »

I think Train is saying that some of these teams will lose early ...while Boston is saying we lost badly to NDSU, and that is proof of what our team can do in the post-season.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2012, 04:12:22 PM »

I think Train is saying that some of these teams will lose early ...while Boston is saying we lost badly to NDSU, and that is proof of what our team can do in the post-season.

Simple.. On Any Given Saturday!! Indy state beats NDSU YSU beats Indy ST. NDSU beats YSU.  ???

That's why I put so much on the coaching staff at the 1FCS level.  ;)   

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2012, 07:33:56 AM »
As JT always said........If you want to be the best you've got to beat the best.

Offline Train

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2012, 08:39:30 AM »
what i mean by eye test is ....watch these first round games...and you will see a lot of teams that ysu would pound on a bad day...i would say ysu would be favored against at least 12 teams in this field....

Offline guin52

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2012, 09:17:07 AM »
Thanks for your reply's it will tough to make the playoffs with the league that the guins are in