Author Topic: Basketball: Guins vs. JMU  (Read 6443 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Basketball: Guins vs. JMU
« on: November 20, 2012, 04:45:30 PM »
Nice little run there to open up.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Basketball: Guins vs. JMU
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 04:49:19 PM »
Eargle with 2-fouls already. He will sit for a quite a while I think. JMU quickly comes back and ties after being down 7.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 04:52:27 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 06:34:54 PM »
Could they just learn to FINISH?

We should have never lost this game.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 06:43:09 PM »
I guess those 2 free throws that Blake Allen missed were the difference.  Im beginning to think that the entire athletic department is jinxed................  Never get too high regardless of the program..

Offline Wonderball

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 09:23:04 PM »
There will be no change in the outcome of games like this until the coach shows more confidence in his reserves and plays them. The starters have no legs left. It is laughable that the other team's 7th man has more minutes than our entire bench. You have to give the starters rest and the reserves the experience if you want to have a good season. Other teams we play do it every night. Why is our coach so blind....kids dont get better by playing their teammates in practice. They need game experience. Manage it!!!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 06:19:16 AM »
Is this football? Beat a lousy big-6 team, and then fall apart. I knew we were going home 0-3. This is why we will never see any post-season possibilities. We never win anything OOC. Now we have a sub-par Kent coming, we will lose that as well.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 07:06:20 AM »
Wonderball said it all. 

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2012, 09:09:35 AM »
WOW!! How the mood has changed in Penguin land  :o Geezz....... people!! So what YSU beats a piss poor SEC team (Georgia) and there we have a false sense that YSU is on the road to the "Big Dance".  Remember football season?? We beat Pitt and was to waltz through the MVFC and straight to Frisco.  Support your team win or lose thank you very much.

YBR
 8)

Offline Wonderball

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2012, 09:45:01 AM »
I am absolutely a large supporter of our team. Just calling it like I see it on the court. I am worried we wont make it past halftime tonight if we dont use our so called depth the coach said we had this year. Most other teams we have played have significant minutes played by their reserves. There is a reason for that. The end of the game is when the legs go.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2012, 11:09:38 AM »
I am absolutely a large supporter of our team. Just calling it like I see it on the court. I am worried we wont make it past halftime tonight if we dont use our so called depth the coach said we had this year. Most other teams we have played have significant minutes played by their reserves. There is a reason for that. The end of the game is when the legs go.

No question on your support for the team.  My post was a general blast out to all the Penguin faithful.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2012, 11:09:44 AM »
I support my team. Heck, this is Ohio ..not Indiana. I am a suburban guy watching an urban sport. YSU is absolutely the only basketball I watch/listen to. Maybe a game or two in the tourney when the teams from our conference are on.

I will continue to listen/watch every game. (I am at work when these are on ...yet I still tune-in. I sat with only 8 YSU fans at the NCAA Track & Field regional to watch our guys, I traveled to Texas to see the baseball team (actually it worked out for me, as I had a meeting), I go to every event in Columbus ...baseball, softball, basketball (M&W). I travel to Butler every year ...even scheduled a day off once because it was an afternoon game. I even go to the weekend tennis matches when I am in Ytown.). I just want to win a game that we are supposed to win. Maybe win a couple that we are not. I want to do well in these early tournaments, so that we get more invites. I realize that this is how we improve our program.

Lowering your expectations is not jumping ship; but it is frustrating when you have to do so.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 11:11:36 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2012, 06:47:03 PM »
Big Red... Here I am, part of the Penguin Faithful.

Although, five lousy points cost our BB team two games, I
can't help but think, and true enough it is a long shot, we
will beat the Dukes tonight. (Me being Pittsburgh born).

I just think our team is so very good this year, and
Coach Slocum was very good when he came here,
had to weed through a few years.

You Bigred had better keep cheering us on.  See you next
football season (hopefully).

GO PENGUINS