YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

playoffs ..... fans

(1/2) > >>

Train:
first off,,,,ysu deserves to be in the top 20 .....no doubt in my mind that no way in hell are there 20 teams
better then ysu right now....

secondly....you are kidding me with the attendance today...a joke....say what you want about this coaching staff...
fact is last year they were a win away last home game of the year from making playoffs....and the same goes for
this year...and i went to both games and the stands were empty...joke..!...

ysu will make the playoffs....

Dmorton:
Sorry Train!  YSU will not be in the play-offs simply because of one home game,  The S Ill game where we had a large lead in the first half, then squadered it away with poor special teams play.  That game killed any chance of a play-off appearance with so many other teams on the bubble at 8-3, or 7-4.  The committee will simply  not allow it because of their CAA favoritism and percieved bias against Yngst because of multiple titles.  I suspect either Towson St. or some other team from the NEC gets in ahead of YSU.  Probably Albany!  I hoping for YSU, but I've been let down too may times in the past.  Remember Layfayette when we tied for the Gateway in 2005. There's been many more times that I can remember when me and other fans thought we'd get one of the at-large nods, and the committee simply took additional teams from other weak conference.

Lets_Talk:
Nice win for YSU, and good way to end the season, especially for the Seniors.
But, playoffs are highly unlikely... 20 team field, with 10 auto bids... 4 of the auto bids go to teams that entered this week well below YSU in the GPI...38. Bethune-Cookman (MEAC), 40. Coastal Carolina (Big South), 45. Colgate(Patriot), 54. Wagner (NEC)
YSU was #21 in GPI this week... Indy State just played their way out of the playoffs... MVFC likely gets 3 teams... NDSU, ISU and SDSU .... I realize YSU beat PITT. But, the loss to SIU really hurt. So did getting beat soundly by both SDSU and NDSU... Just too many team this year at 8-3  :(

Teams at 8-3 with all 8 wins over FCS/FBS teams that may not make playoffs:
* Lehigh (10-1/4-1... but played a weak schedule and were #42 in GPI)
* Stony Brook(9-2/5-1... beat Army..were #23 in GPI....only 8 wins over D1 teams)
* Villanova (8-3/6-2.... beat ODU which is 10-1... Nova was 22 in GPI.... finished season winning 4 of 5)
* EKU (8-3/6-2... #15 in GPI.... won 4 of last 5)
* UT-Martin (8-3/6-2....#25 in GPI... Beat Memphis...won 5 of last 6 games and beat OVC Champ E. Illinois)
* Tenn St(8-3/4-3..but, lost 3 of last 4, including Saturday against UT-Martin)
* Richmond(8-3/6-2.... #24 in GPI...won last 4 games of the season
* Albany (9-2/7-1... weak conference, GPI in the 40's and lost to YSU)

Here are a few teams at 7-4 like YSU, with all 7 wins against D1 teams(NAU is 8-3, but only 7 D1 wins:
* Towson (7-4/6-2.... #20 in GPI, one spot ahead of YSU...ended season with 4 game winning streak)
* The Citadel (7-4/5-3... won last 3 games of regular season)
* Northern Arizona(8-3/6-2....lost final 2 games...#12 in GPI... win over UNLV...only 7 D1 wins)

IAA Fan:
SIU is the bad cog in the machine. We easily could have argued conference strength to get a 4th selection ...had they not defeated YSU, ILS, and UNI ...then finished 6-6.

lakesbison:
7 wins and win at Pitt. Should trump those other weakass Fcs teams,  the valley is beastmode!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version