YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

St. Francis (0-2) at Youngstown State (2-0)

(1/4) > >>

ysuindy:
The men will host St. Francis Friday night.

The Red Flash are 0-2, losing at Penn State 65-58 and at Niagara 86-69.

Pomeroy puts YSU at a 91% chance of winning and predicts a 74-59 win.

Sagarin's ratings are still early and predict a 21 point YSU win at home.  The home court advantage in Sagarin is currently worth 5 1/2 points, one of the higher numbers I recall.

Massey, again very early, has YSU ranked 86th, St. Francis ranked 394th.  Massey gives YSU a 92% chance of winnng and predicts a 76-59. 

YSU must avoid the let down from a couple of big road wins.  Coming home and being a heavy favorite has not always worked well for YSU.  The next step in the growth of this team is to take care of business at home in comfortable fashion.

HappyPenguin:
Nice write up Indy, thanks.

ysuhoops24:
I don't see any reason YSU can't empty the bench down the stretch in this one on Friday Night.  This just feel's like it has the making of one of those seasons where you think this team can win everytime out, home or on the road.  Still not buying into the UWGB hype machine...I think this is a three team league between Valpo, Detroit, and our Penguins.  I would put Loyola ahead of UWGB when it's all said and done and I feel Cleveland State will scuffle. 

I'm interested to see how Valpo looks today vs a bottom-feeder, but yet what should be a well coached Big Ten team today in Nebraska.

Wonderball:
Maybe if the coaching staff had used the recruited talent they have on the bench the starters wouldnt have given up 10 points in the last 2 minutes. It is a travesty that there are players who dont get a sniff at the court who were highly recruited when some of our starters are just mediocre on offense especially. We should be subbing 10 deep on this team and we have a coach who is old school archaic and wont use the people he recruited. I am afraid we will see the transfer bus revved up at the end of this season if it continues. Kids who have alot of offers and places to go should get a chance on the court when we are up by 20 points. Pitiful....

guinpen:
Looked flat in the 1st half, defense sparked the run in the 2nd.

Did not play that great but still won, I can live with that

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version