Author Topic: Wolf radio show  (Read 8892 times)

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
Wolf radio show
« on: October 29, 2012, 08:15:03 PM »
Caught some of Wolf's show this evening.

If nothing else the guy is honest.  It is refreshing actually to not hear all the old coach cliches.

He basically said there is a core of guys on special teams that "don't value their positions on this team".

Double negatives, the use of the non-word "ain't" and his style are rather cool I think.

We need to get this kid a "mentor" type older coach to maybe come in on the same deal Stoops is on to kind of guide him.

If you agree  who are some of the people that would do this?  Probably have to be someone with time in the State Retirement system that is looking to add time.

Big Ed Muransky could probably find us someone-----if not himself,,,,,,he makes some great observations in the radio booth.
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Wolf radio show
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 08:20:08 PM »
The problem with this country....is there are TOO MANY people on "the" State Retirement System. Guys just  looking to add an extra year, to get their pension from the state.

As we go broke....as a state and country.

Google "Greece economy"..
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 08:24:16 PM by Pizza »

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 09:14:49 PM »
Moderators---Pizza's ignorant reply has no place in this thread. Please delete.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 01:35:53 AM »
Lecter: if that were the case, he would listen to his mentors ..the coordinators. Anyone that would come in to help, should be performing the job. This simply means we do not have the best man at the position.

IP: I took Pizza's comment at a coaching comment. What am I missing? Is 'the' an OSU reference?

Offline YTOWNALUM

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 06:18:28 AM »
Wolford is not cool, he is unprofessional.  This ain't Ursuline anymore......

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 06:59:59 AM »
He is refreshing.

Loved Heacock but Jon would be the first to tell you he was rather "blah" during interviews.

Tress was senatorial and very guarded.

Wolf lets it rip.  Forgot to mention that he also challenged his asst coaches and himself during the show.
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 09:09:10 AM »
The problem with this country....is there are TOO MANY people on "the" State Retirement System. Guys just  looking to add an extra year, to get their pension from the state.

As we go broke....as a state and country.

Google "Greece economy"..

LIKE^^^^^^

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 12:33:06 PM »
Listen to the show every week.  He was also talking about making the playoffs when they win out, provided Illinois State beats Indiana State.  He's going to need a lot more than that to happen.  There are still 8 one loss teams, 9 two loss teams, and 10 three loss teams within the big 6 conferences.  Some of them still play one another, but quite a few upsets are going to have to occur before a 7-4 team can make the playoffs.

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 01:13:10 PM »
Lecter: if that were the case, he would listen to his mentors ..the coordinators. Anyone that would come in to help, should be performing the job. This simply means we do not have the best man at the position.

IP: I took Pizza's comment at a coaching comment. What am I missing? Is 'the' an OSU reference?
What are you reading?? It's a slam on state retirement people and references Greece's economy. Has nothing to do with YSU or sports

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 01:48:08 PM »
Listen to the show every week.  He was also talking about making the playoffs when they win out, provided Illinois State beats Indiana State.  He's going to need a lot more than that to happen.  There are still 8 one loss teams, 9 two loss teams, and 10 three loss teams within the big 6 conferences.  Some of them still play one another, but quite a few upsets are going to have to occur before a 7-4 team can make the playoffs.

I respected Wolf more when he said something similar to "now we can concentrate on YSU football". Forget the play-off and work on the team. Get Cook some yards, so he is in the record books. Get some back-ups some playing time. Let's use any seniors that are not starters. Let's try some new ideas in special teams coverage. Let's work on on pressure punting ...etc., etc., etc. Let's get back-up QB's some time so that the next time Hess takes a smack like he did ...or he is spooked, he can leave the game for a bit.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 03:51:17 PM »

I respected Wolf more when he said something similar to "now we can concentrate on YSU football". Forget the play-off and work on the team. Get Cook some yards, so he is in the record books. Get some back-ups some playing time. Let's use any seniors that are not starters. Let's try some new ideas in special teams coverage. Let's work on on pressure punting ...etc., etc., etc. Let's get back-up QB's some time so that the next time Hess takes a smack like he did ...or he is spooked, he can leave the game for a bit.

The playoffs are slim but.. with the way things has played out over years gone by, YSU still has a chance.  YSU should win in convincing fashion the next two weeks.  The biggie will be "IF" Indy State takes care of business and comes to town in the MVFC driver's seat. "IF" the Guins can beat them in a convincing fashion the selection committee will have to really justify not letting us in.  Think about it.  4 losses to 4 ranked teams 3 on the road 1 at home.  All div 1 schedule, 1 BCS team "W", UNI still gets votes in all polls and Albany is in the top 20 now. There's still a lot of football to be played and most of the 8-9 win teams have sub D1 win's. 

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2012, 12:46:22 PM »
IP and Ice ...you can have a private with this.