Author Topic: New TSN poll  (Read 7810 times)

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
New TSN poll
« on: October 15, 2012, 01:58:41 PM »
1. Eastern Washington Eagles (92) 5-1 3982 6
2. James Madison Dukes (42) 5-1 3831 4
3. Georgia Southern Eagles (9) 5-1 3621 7
4. North Dakota State Bison (12) 5-1 3527 1
5. Montana State Bobcats 6-1 3366 2
6. Sam Houston State Bearkats (2) 4-2 2949 9
7. Old Dominion Monarchs 5-1 2684 3
8. Wofford Terriers 5-1 2674 5
9. Lehigh Mountain Hawks (3) 7-0 2647 10
10. Stony Brook Seawolves (1) 6-1 2531 11
11. Illinois State Redbirds 6-1 2448 14
12. New Hampshire Wildcats 5-2 2203 12
13. Appalachian State Mountaineers 5-2 2202 13
14. Cal Poly Mustangs (3) 6-0 2022 15
15. Youngstown State Penguins 4-2 1759 8
16. Northern Arizona Lumberjacks 5-1 1659 16
17. Tennessee State Tigers 7-0 1447 18
18. Towson Tigers 3-3 1258 17
19. Central Arkansas Bears 5-2 1132 21
20. South Dakota State Jackrabbits 5-1 994 20
21. Indiana State Sycamores 5-2 962 NR
22. Harvard Crimson (1) 5-0 766 22
23. Eastern Kentucky Colonels 5-2 677 23
24. Villanova Wildcats 5-2 541 NR
25. Delaware Blue Hens 4-2 458 24

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: New TSN poll
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 08:59:27 PM »
Gotta be in the Top 20 right??

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 09:26:02 AM »
Gotta be in the Top 20 right??
Being top 3 in the conference might be more important. if we have both we should be OK.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 02:02:12 PM »
There is a lot of dead-wood in that top-10. GA Southern, Montana State, Wofford, Lehigh, and Stony Brook to name a few.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 02:19:06 PM »
There is a lot of dead-wood in that top-10. GA Southern, Montana State, Wofford, Lehigh, and Stony Brook to name a few.

:o Dan stick to board administration LOL!!  YSU don't want any of the above mentioned teams untill they get their sh** together.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 02:31:39 PM »
Georgia Southern, Montana State, and Wofford would score about 40 points against us this season.  Lehigh and Stony Brook are overrated, but they are about equivalent to Albany and should not be mocked.

Pizza,

Happy Penguin is right.  Top 3 in the conference is critical.  And if we lose to SDSU, that is not going to happen.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 02:43:29 PM »
Georgia Southern, Montana State, and Wofford would score about 40 points against us this season.  Lehigh and Stony Brook are overrated, but they are about equivalent to Albany and should not be mocked.

Pizza,

Happy Penguin is right.  Top 3 in the conference is critical.  And if we lose to SDSU, that is not going to happen.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 02:52:35 PM »
Lehigh and Stony Brook are overrated, but they are about equivalent to Albany and should not be mocked.

I agree.  Lehigh beat Towson in the playoffs last year before losing to NDSU, and Stony gave Sam Houston State all they could handle.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2012, 04:15:04 PM »

Pizza,

Not to mention we'd probablly only score 21 at the most  :-X

Didn't happen that way in 97. Skiped UNI to get YSU for the playoff's.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 04:17:02 PM by ysubigred »

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2012, 05:55:18 PM »
Red,

We finished the regular season in 1997 at 9-2 while UNI was 8-3.  That is why we slipped in ahead of them despite the head-to-head loss.  What I am worried about this season is finishing 8-3 while NDSU, ISU, and SDSU all finish 8-3 or better and ALL have wins over us.  Now if we should finish 8-3 while SDSU slips to 7-4 despite beating us, then we could grab that last spot.  MVFC will not get more than three bids based on how the season is playing out in the other conferences.  Bottom line: win the last five blasted games.  We have superior talent to all five of these schools.  Whether we have the superior TEAM is highly problematic.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 06:08:32 AM »

:o Dan stick to board administration LOL!!  YSU don't want any of the above mentioned teams untill they get their sh** together.

Red: I did not say that YSU could beat them. In fact, I at this point in the season I have a very difficult time keeping YSU in the top-20. I stick to my statement ..dead-wood. Theses are not top-10 teams. JMU is a different story, but they will drop a couple more. They always do.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2012, 08:01:48 AM »
Red,

We finished the regular season in 1997 at 9-2 while UNI was 8-3.  That is why we slipped in ahead of them despite the head-to-head loss.  What I am worried about this season is finishing 8-3 while NDSU, ISU, and SDSU all finish 8-3 or better and ALL have wins over us.  Now if we should finish 8-3 while SDSU slips to 7-4 despite beating us, then we could grab that last spot.  MVFC will not get more than three bids based on how the season is playing out in the other conferences.  Bottom line: win the last five blasted games.  We have superior talent to all five of these schools.  Whether we have the superior TEAM is highly problematic.

This is correct!! ^^ I think a 8-3 YSU get's in this year just because of the schedule strength.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2012, 08:16:12 AM »
Red,

This is correct!! ^^ I think a 8-3 YSU get's in this year just because of the schedule strength.

Good point! I think an 8-3 YSU always gets into the post-season. Call it an ego, or what you will, but we are Youngstown.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2012, 08:46:03 AM »

Red: I did not say that YSU could beat them. In fact, I at this point in the season I have a very difficult time keeping YSU in the top-20. I stick to my statement ..dead-wood. Theses are not top-10 teams. JMU is a different story, but they will drop a couple more. They always do.

Dan: This is whay I hate poll's especially ~ 1FCS.  They rank teams that don't participate in the playoffs and that play in a 1 horse league. I'd like to see the auto bid's go away and use the GPI and other sources to select the playoff teams.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2012, 09:52:04 AM »

Dan: This is whay I hate poll's especially ~ 1FCS.  They rank teams that don't participate in the playoffs and that play in a 1 horse league. I'd like to see the auto bid's go away and use the GPI and other sources to select the playoff teams.

Interesting as I would like to see more structure in the play-off. The problem with no autobid is that people do not care who makes it, only who won it all. There is no incentive to play the regular season games. There is no incentive to win your conference. I favor:

Level-1: Conference champions ..only ones that receive auto-bid, and only ones that can be seeded.
Level-2: 4 Regional champions. Including trophies and full recognitions by the NCAA. Thus creating your "final-4". Must be only 1 from each region. This will promote more parity between regions & conferences.
Level-3: Finalist. Again a recognized award. 2 of these. Take these out and let them enjoys all the festivities & pageantry of the game.
Level-4: National Champ.

Teams that have good seasons need to be recognized.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 09:54:46 AM by IAA Fan »