Author Topic: YSU FOOTBALL WHAT NOW? {Is this a trainwreck or a march to the playoffs?}  (Read 20195 times)

Offline ysuscuba

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU FOOTBALL WHAT NOW? {Is this a trainwreck or a march to the playoffs?}
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2012, 09:48:14 AM »
I hope we make the playoffs!  Rough two games....I hope we can regroup and get the penguin train moving again......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? ;D
"Any aquatic species that dares to swim past the coast of Japan will become extinct."

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2012, 10:01:34 AM »
I hope we make the playoffs!  Rough two games....I hope we can regroup and get the penguin train moving again......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? ;D

LOL ;D  Got your history degree at YSU scuba LOL!!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2012, 10:02:50 AM »
Thank u Mr. Mason?   I remember a playoff game against James Madison in 2006 when Mason was completely shut down until the 4th quarter.  How can you make comments like that and call yourself a fan?

Mason was injured, and only played on 3-series (first 2, and last). At least two of which ended up with scores. It was "Q" that was shut-down. Honestly, Q had almost 100-yards ...so it was not a bad game for him either. We just fell apart in inside the 30. However, it was Mason that came in & took three snaps for the the winning TD. Just a thing of beauty. They had no answer for him. Not too many teams did. ILS held Mason in check the next week ...close game. Then week-3 was the Appy State blow-out ...that was my biggest embarrassment until these past 2-weeks.

You see, we made the semis with a team that was not stellar, but certainly above average. Just disciplined by experience. This current team has a seasoned front line, and 3 excellent TE's ...our strongest positions. Yet, our opponents alter the look of their front D front & then send in the ends and we collapse. So why are we still sending out our TE's as receivers, instead of placing them in a more traditional  blocking capacity ...giving Hess some additional protection? They all block well ...Adams probably has the best blocking technique, and Sharbaugh is a beast. Furthermore, why did we not bring in Pace to see if we could power run, and/or short pass to him. He is really a FB with some "style". I would also suggest and imbalanced line, and try to force the opposing defense to adjust. They would only get us once out of three tries ...at best.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2012, 10:06:48 AM »

Offline ysuscuba

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2012, 10:59:48 AM »
Great movie!!  Let's hope our boys are ready this weekend.....

It was hard to watch the team roll over and die against the redbirds.

"Any aquatic species that dares to swim past the coast of Japan will become extinct."

Offline YGUINSNO1

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2012, 06:57:12 PM »
Lets Go Guins!!!       >:(