Author Topic: The arms race (as in $$) escalates - Kent State to pay Strickland $1.8 million  (Read 2798 times)

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Zac Jackson of Fox Sports Ohio is reporting Kent State's contract extension with coach Scott Stricklin is six years, $300k per year

Zac Jackson ‏@FSOhioZJackson
Kent State baseball coach Scott Stricklin's contract extension is six years, 300,000 a year.

Think about that for a minute.  KSU is putting out $300k a year for a coach for a program that brings in negligible revenue.  Certainly the World Series run generated a lot of publicity and I would hope an increase in alumni donations, but that is still a lot of coin.   Based on earlier reports when Wolford was hired, this is more than Wolf makes to put 20k people in a stadium six times a year and bring home a $400k payday for a BCS game.

Also remember Akron is paying Caleb Porter $270k per year plus other compensation of $80k per year to coach men's soccer (and they won a national championship).  He is leaving for the MLS after the season, but again $350k per year for a sport with minimal revenue.

I know its a broken record from me and I don't want to start another debate about it - but the next time you think about YSU and the MAC think about these salaries.

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Indy--I think Pasquale made about $55k last year. The disparity with what YSU spends and other state schools spend is amazing. We should all be knocking down the President of YSU's doors asking what's up. And shame on the first person that blames Strollo. He has no say in that.