Author Topic: Northern Iowa Week  (Read 36529 times)

Offline Petey

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Northern Iowa Week
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2012, 04:23:12 PM »
My brother-in-law just went down to buy our tickets......said the ticket office was a zoo with many, many still in line when he left!!! He said he thought he heard student tickets were free GREAT!  Does their count go into attendance figures!

GOOOOOOOOO  GUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2012, 05:23:04 PM »
Up to 18k

Dana Sulonen ‏@DanaSulonenTrib
YSU nearing 18,000 in ticket sales & gen. admission is sold out. Capacity is 20,630. Last time YSU had a sell out was Oct. 28, 2000

Offline ysuscuba

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2012, 05:45:09 PM »
Was the last sellout vs. UNI in 2000?
"Any aquatic species that dares to swim past the coast of Japan will become extinct."

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2012, 08:19:31 PM »
Ticket sales do sound wonderful....IF EVERYONE FROM YSU CHEERS....
My only hope is......that we send them home "DEFEATED"...gotta do
it one my time IN MY LIFETIME.

GO PENGUINS

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2012, 09:47:29 PM »
I figured out why we dont ever blitz with a weakside corner........ NO ONE CAN TACKLE!   If the linebackers are a strength it certainly isnt at tackling and they look like WORLD BEATERS compared to the safeties.  The game started to turn when Cooks run was called back late in the 2nd.  Hope they can turn this thing around?

kforbs126

« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2012, 11:03:17 PM »
What a game.  So happy I could watch it on ESPN3.  The offense is incredible and Hess is very good and very accurate.  He has so many weapons.  Cook is a beast.  The Defense stepped up when they needed to but they have a lot of holes and work to do to get better.  Wish I could have been there in person.

Offline pennyguin1

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2012, 12:17:06 AM »
WOW. Another YSU-UNI classic. I am getting too old for these game(no I will not reveal my age). What a great anniversary gift as well. As gameday was our 5th anniversary. No I didn't go to the game, but I listened to the entire game. The last few minutes I was multitasking. I was listening to the game, txting, and getting my LittleGuin fed and put to bed(I was teaching him  the YSU arms earlier). Defense is bend, but don't break, special teams are still a concern, Cook is a beast, and Hess is amazing.

The only thing I questions was: Not running the ball up the middle on 4th and 1 in the first half, and why with 2 timeouts in UNI trying to score quick? A win is a win, and it has been a long 11 years.