Author Topic: Western PA recruits  (Read 2831 times)

Offline robmat2571

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
Western PA recruits
« on: September 10, 2012, 09:44:55 AM »
Couple of great players over at Seneca Valley.  Jordan Brown (QB) and Forrest Barnes (RB) are on the Post Gazette's Fabulous 22 preseason poll.  (In other words they are two of the top 22 players in the entire WPIAL).  Lots of big name schools are looking at them but, no offers yet.  Watched them both have very good games against Pine Richland this past weekend.  I wonder if either of these two guys are on YSU's radar?  I know that JMU is very interested in the QB.  Brown's brother was the starter at U of Maryland this year until he tore his ACL.  Brown can throw AND is very mobile with decent size.  Barnes is the kind of back that YSU has had great success with... he is maybe a little undersized but strong and a WPIAL 100M sprinting champion.  Anyone who has access to coach Wolf or the recruiting coordinator should make sure he is at least aware of these two guys.  Short drive to S.V.... less than an hour.

Offline KentStGuin15

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Western PA recruits
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 08:45:32 PM »
Doubt we take a QB this year, just took 2 last year and have Angle who's only a RS Soph
if we do take one we probably give Michael LaManna from St.Iggy the first look the way he's been dominating this year, and Browns only listed at about 6'0, i wouldnt call that decent size since HS more often then not over list players meaurements so he could really only be 5'10.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 09:02:09 PM by KentStGuin15 »