Author Topic: Valpo thread!  (Read 21406 times)

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Valpo thread!
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2012, 12:43:03 AM »
Well----the line is out. YSU is a 59 1/2 point favorite. One of the bigger lines you'll ever see!!!

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2012, 07:54:50 AM »
Well----the line is out. YSU is a 59 1/2 point favorite. One of the bigger lines you'll ever see!!!

Yikes!! Did you bet it IP? I'm on the wagon this year won some$$ DErby and Oaks then said I quit LOL!!

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2012, 10:09:34 AM »
If the weather is as lousy as they say it's going to be, 59 1/2 might be too many......

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2012, 10:33:16 AM »

Offline KentStGuin15

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2012, 10:13:52 AM »

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2012, 12:28:01 PM »
Steve Zaborsky will start at DT today instead of DeCracker because of his knee injury I'm guessing

Offline KentStGuin15

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2012, 01:29:13 PM »
Steve Zaborsky will start at DT today instead of DeCracker because of his knee injury I'm guessing

be ready for a Late hit or un-sportsman like penalty or 2. Fact: he averaged 1 late hit/Un-sportsman like penalty in his HS career per game. hopefully college matured him but i always thought he was a little bit of a punk in HS durring some of the games i saw

Offline KentStGuin15

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2012, 03:28:31 PM »
half hour till kick off
an hour till nap time   ;)

Offline milanmiracle

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2012, 05:47:58 PM »
Valpo fan here, but with Youngstown alumni in the family. Just wondering how you feel about this matchup since it's so one sided. I can't see it being much of a challenge for you, and Valpo can't put up a better scrimmage than Mooney could. Don't know if this matchup continues, but I suspect it will get revisited in a few years.

*Anybody know what YSU is paying Valpo to take this beating?

Offline GuinsAndNoles

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2012, 05:53:28 PM »
Yeah, I think this is the YSU equivalent of the Ohio State-Eastern Michigan game. A chance to prepare for future games while technically playing someone at the same level.

Offline KentStGuin15

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2012, 06:07:42 PM »
Valpo fan here, but with Youngstown alumni in the family. Just wondering how you feel about this matchup since it's so one sided. I can't see it being much of a challenge for you, and Valpo can't put up a better scrimmage than Mooney could. Don't know if this matchup continues, but I suspect it will get revisited in a few years.

YSU probably didnt give Valpo much, maybe 50K? its not like this is Pitt you're playing or anything.
i find it sad we would even try to schedule a DIII like school to begin with, especially when its just a game for Backups after the first 8 minutes or so

Offline KentStGuin15

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2012, 06:42:37 PM »
LOL failed to cover by .5  ;D

Offline milanmiracle

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2012, 06:56:56 PM »

YSU probably didnt give Valpo much, maybe 50K? its not like this is Pitt you're playing or anything.
i find it sad we would even try to schedule a DIII like school to begin with, especially when its just a game for Backups after the first 8 minutes or so

8 minutes might have been giving Valpo too much credit. It was 21-0 after 5 minutes.

Anybody know how long Hess stayed in the game? When did the backups come in? 3rd string? I know Valpo played their starters almost the whole way. Anybody on the roster from Valpo you thought was decent? Awful? Just trying to guage vs. a legit scholarship D1AA program

*for the record Valpo is non scholarship

Offline KentStGuin15

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2012, 07:01:10 PM »

8 minutes might have been giving Valpo too much credit. It was 21-0 after 5 minutes.

Anybody know how long Hess stayed in the game? When did the backups come in? 3rd string? I know Valpo played their starters almost the whole way. Anybody on the roster from Valpo you thought was decent? Awful? Just trying to guage vs. a legit scholarship D1AA program

*for the record Valpo is non scholarship

i think Hess only played about 8-10 minutes, same with Cook hence the 8 minute comment. too hard to tell if anybody on Valpo looked good or bad we went with some very vanilla play calling after we took the starters out on both sides

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2012, 10:05:55 PM »

I would assume that we are paying but not sure how much. but if we are paying them I hope we have a clause in the contract  to make sure Valpo cannot use any of the money for basketball recruiting!
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne