Author Topic: Game Thread Week 1: YSU @ Pitt  (Read 22587 times)

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Game Thread Week 1: YSU @ Pitt
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2012, 12:59:20 AM »
Just got home and can tell you it was an incredible experience to be there!! The faces of the Pitt fans as their team was pushed around were priceless!! Will remember this one until they plant me!!

Offline KentStGuin15

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2012, 01:06:07 AM »
This win is the type of win that builds NC teams and Dynastys
last years OL gave up just 9 sacks in all 11 games, this same OL, More experianced, More depth, more talent
our front 7 is also ALOT better at stopping the run, Graham seemed like he was getting 3 yards cat most on most carries

this is going to be a special team this year folks

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2012, 01:15:03 PM »
Last night was a proud moment to wear the Red and White!!!
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2012, 04:49:30 PM »
Lots of season to go ..yes UNI looked more that impressive in what should have been a "W" against Wisconsin. However, that is in 3 more weeks, and at home. Which brings me to my point:

Against Pitt: I saw things that made my jaw cringe ...I saw things that made my jaw "hit the ground". We scored first and last yesterday ...and led the entire game. This was anything but an upset. We have Today and Monday to live it up ...then we get to work for the more important games ahead. But for now ...enjoy the moment guys ...you deserve it!!!!! Fans ...if there is a ticket at "will-call" this season, I will hunt you guys down. Support this team!

I might add that I can see why Pace is #2 on the depth-chart. The announcer (on both ESPN and in Heinz Field) called Cookie-monster's name a couple of times, when it was Pace that was the carrier. Hard to pick an MVP in such a huge game ...so I choose Torrian!!! For one reason ...Pitt had Cook figured out on two different occasions; Torrian came out and kept both of the drives going ..one was a TD and the other was an FG. The man!!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 04:51:17 PM by IAA Fan »