Author Topic: YSU releases depth chart  (Read 14121 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
YSU releases depth chart
« on: August 24, 2012, 02:30:58 PM »
YSU released it's first depth chart for the start of the season:

Here's YSU's first depth chart of the season:

OFFENSE

QB — (12) KURT HESS (6-3, 230, Jr.); (14) Patrick Angle (6-1, 220, Soph.)

RB — (35) JAMAINE COOK (5-9, 215, Sr.); (25) Torrian Pace (5-10, 225, Jr.)

WR — (4) ANDRE STUBBS (5-6, 160, RFr.); (9) Michael Wheary (5-11, 175, Fr.)

WR — (2) CHRISTIAN BRYAN (5-10, 180, Soph.); (16) Marcel Caver (6-1, 175, RFr.)

WR — (80) ANDREW WILLIAMS (6-2, 185, Soph.); (82) Kintrell Disher (6-4, 215, Soph.)

TE — (8) WILL SHAW (6-3, 245, Sr.); (86) Carson Sharbaugh (6-5, 255, Jr.)

LT — (72) ANDREW RADAKOVICH (6-6, 320, Sr.) OR (71) KYLE BRYANT (6-5, 310, Jr.)

LG — (55) LAMAR MADY (6-3, 315, Sr.); (56) Dana Harris (6-3, 285, Jr.)

C — (76) MARK PRATT (6-3, 295, Sr.); (65) Stephen Page (6-4, 295, Soph.)

RG — (66) CHRIS ELKINS (6-4, 290, Jr.); (57) Fred Herdman (6-5, 295, Jr.)

RT — (77) D.J. MAIN (6-6, 315, Sr.); (74) Andrew Sinko (6-4, 290, Jr.)

DEFENSE

DE — (92) LUIS QUINONES (6-3, 265, Sr.); (59) Terrell Williams (6-3, 250, Fr.) OR Chuck Lengyel (6-1, 240, Sr.)

NT — (45) NICK DEKRAKER (6-3, 275, Sr.); (93) Emmanuel Kromah (6-1, 270, RFr.)

DT — (52) ARONDE STANTON (6-2, 280, Sr.); (94) Steve Zaborsky (6-2, 270, RFr.)

DE — (99) JOSH FENDERSON (6-2, 255, Sr.); (91) Trevor Strickland (6-6, 285, RFr.)

SAM — (20) DOM RICH (6-1, 235, Jr.); (10) Ali Cheaib (6-2, 230, Jr.)

MIKE — (3) TEVEN WILLIAMS (6-0, 220, Soph.); (10) Ali Cheaib

WILL — (22) DUBEM NWADIOGBU (6-2, 230, Soph.); (6) Travis Williams (6-3, 215, Soph.)

FCB — (21) DALE PETERMAN (5-10, 180, Jr.); (17) Ricardo Dixon (5-11, 170, Jr.)

BCB — (9) JULIUS CHILDS (5-11, 185, Soph.); (24) Jamarious Boatwright (5-11, 195, Soph.)

FS — (8) DONALD D'ALESIO (6-0, 190, Soph.); (1) Josh Garner (6-1, 205, Jr.)

SS — (5) JEREMEY EDWARDS (6-1, 205, Sr.); (23) Twin Fernandes (6-0, 225, Jr.)

NB — (28) PARNELL TAYLOR (5-10, 195, Soph.); (18) Deionte Williams (6-2, 200, Sr.)

SPECIAL TEAMS

PK — (11) DAVID BROWN (5-10, 165, Sr.); (81) Nick Liste (5-10, 185, Jr.)

H — (3) DANTE NANIA (6-0, 205, RFr.); (2) Christian Bryan

LS — (43) NATHAN GIBBS (6-2, 220, Soph.); (86) Carson Sharbaugh

P — (81) LISTE; (11) Brown

PR — (4) ANDRE STUBBS; (11) Christian Bryan

KR — (4) ANDRE STUBBS; (5) DEMOND HYMES

KO — (81) NICK LISTE; (11) David Brown

Completely surprised that Bam beat out preseason all conference pick Travis Williams who started every single game at LB last year. I still see Travis getting playing time. Bam is one of the team's most athletic player's so it's not a loss of talent. Another surprise is D'Alesio starting at safety. If he's healthy, he's a great athlete. Andrew Williams beat out Kintrell Disher at WR, but both need to step up for the loss of Jelani. Also surprised Torrian Pace is the backup to Cook and not Hymes or Bellamy. Should be a great season though! GO GUINS

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU releases depth chart
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 04:08:39 PM »
Only two true freshmen on the depth chart.  That is a monumental improvement from Wolford's first season. I was also surprised to see D'Alesio back at safety.  But Wolford and the new dc must be stressing that work ethic and the self-discipline to perform assignments outweigh pedigree.  Perhaps the same can be said about Pace on the offensive side of the ball.  And that is fine with me.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 05:58:59 PM »
Two kids I see who aren't on the depth chart who had playing time last year. DB Jimmy May Jr and WR Kevin Watts

Offline robmat2571

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 08:51:13 AM »
D'Vontae Davis?  What is his deal?  He was with the team at the start of camp, right?  Didn't make the depth chart?  All that talent... what's he doing?  Any scoop? 

Offline ysufratrat23

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 09:30:07 AM »
He left the team again.

Offline GuinsAndNoles

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 11:10:15 AM »
I wanted to see a lot more of Bellamy this season. My "I haven't seen the team all spring and summer" qualified depth chart would have him starting.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 11:17:27 AM »
Only two true freshmen on the depth chart.  That is a monumental improvement from Wolford's first season. I was also surprised to see D'Alesio back at safety.  But Wolford and the new dc must be stressing that work ethic and the self-discipline to perform assignments outweigh pedigree.  Perhaps the same can be said about Pace on the offensive side of the ball.  And that is fine with me.

I think Wolford became tired of losing players with the "best-player-plays" atmosphere of the past couple of seasons. Even a peewee coach knows that is backwards. You will NEVER be able to keep recruits ...at least the ones worth keeping. So when you see guys like Sharbaugh, Radakovich, Main, Sinko, Shaw, or Pace ...tip your hat to them and thank them for their efforts.

Being a player means teaching others, kicking in on special teams, giving up playing time every now and then. This gives me hope for the program. I have some good feelings about this year!

Offline KentStGuin15

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2012, 02:20:12 PM »
i thought Wolford said Hymes was one of the best RB he's ever coached yet he cant crack the early 2 deep?  ???

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2012, 02:31:36 PM »
This is the two-deep for Week-1. We have a new depth-Chart for each game. This is your Pitt crew.

Offline KentStGuin15

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2012, 02:34:44 PM »
This is the two-deep for Week-1. We have a new depth-Chart for each game. This is your Pitt crew.

i doubt its for more then week 1, if a coach has to change his depth chart every week thats not a good sign. means he paid no attention to practices or he isnt playing the best players to give them the best chance to win

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2012, 02:48:37 PM »

i doubt its for more then week 1, if a coach has to change his depth chart every week thats not a good sign. means he paid no attention to practices or he isnt playing the best players to give them the best chance to win

Not true in the skilled positions 15. Look at RB's. We have 4 back that could start anywhere:

Cookie Monster: All around tail. Good speed, good strength.
Pace: A true Fb with power, but has pull-away speed, if he can break the LOS.
Bellamy: Great power at the LOS & gets to the outside fast.
Hymes: Small, but a good package. Would see best use behind Bellamy or Pace in an "i".

Now let us also factor in disciplinary issues & injuries. Clearly a 2-deep does (and has to) change every week.

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2012, 08:23:39 PM »

I think Wolford became tired of losing players with the "best-player-plays" atmosphere of the past couple of seasons. Even a peewee coach knows that is backwards. You will NEVER be able to keep recruits ...at least the ones worth keeping. So when you see guys like Sharbaugh, Radakovich, Main, Sinko, Shaw, or Pace ...tip your hat to them and thank them for their efforts.

Being a player means teaching others, kicking in on special teams, giving up playing time every now and then. This gives me hope for the program. I have some good feelings about this year!

A coach must be tough. But he also must "treat people" with respect. That includes the janitors.

Slash and burn works in the short term. Eventually people get tired of it.

Offline KentStGuin15

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2012, 03:07:07 PM »
just to prove my point, wheres "this weeks" depth chart?  ::)
ive played football at the college level, i know how coaches work, depth charts dont change unless someone breaksout and plays phenominal in games and practice

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2012, 05:24:16 PM »
ive played football at the college level, i know how coaches work, depth charts dont change unless someone breaksout and plays phenominal in games and practice

Take a look on Wolf's front door ...I think you will see it. Maybe it did not change ...maybe it did. Not all the players travel, so how could it be the same? Granted everyone may have gone to Pitt, because of cheap travel, but not everyone will go to NDSU. We had 3-injuries ...are we leaving them on the depth-chart?

Offline KentStGuin15

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2012, 05:25:13 PM »

Take a look on Wolf's front door ...I think you will see it. Maybe it did not change ...maybe it did. Not all the players travel, so how could it be the same? Granted everyone may have gone to Pitt, because of cheap travel, but not everyone will go to NDSU. We had 3-injuries ...are we leaving them on the depth-chart?

i guarentee outside of the injuries it didnt change, you should just accept the fact you were wrong. DC will not change every week baring injuries or outstanding preformances. traveling or not.