Author Topic: Men's basketball schedule finalized  (Read 10236 times)

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Men's basketball schedule finalized
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2012, 04:10:21 PM »
IP, what do we pay to a visiting team? How does that compare to schools @ the mid major level?
Well, Go, as an example--Akron is given approx $400k to buy home games in any given season and I think our budget is around $30k.

There is no way in hell Akron is paying $400K for a basketball game.  That is the kind of money a BCS football team pays for a buy game.  Ohio State pays $50-60K for a basketball game.  UC, Xavier, and Dayton were offering $40-50K for buy games this year.  CSU and WSU offer $30-40K for buy games.
If you read my post, I never said $400k was for one game. It is a season budget.

Offline ELPENGUIN

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Men's basketball schedule finalized
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2012, 04:17:23 PM »
Wow are we not reading correctly.  $400,000 is for the whole season.  YSU picked up about $40,000 of that for our visit last year. Also, rumors continue about the new all purpose Akron University basketball/ Convention Center next on the agenda of money being spent to upgrade their facilities.  They have "unlimited funds both state and private". Capacity projected at 15,000 for Zip basketball.
"They have scalelike barbless feathers, flipperlike wings, and webbed feet and by the way also excellent athletic teams"