Author Topic: makes too much sense  (Read 14994 times)

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
makes too much sense
« on: August 02, 2012, 10:10:18 PM »
Steve King: Idea That Diversity Strengthens America Has 'Never Been Backed Up By Logic'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/02/steve-king-english-language_n_1734431.html
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: makes too much sense
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 07:57:46 AM »
Well:

It does not go far enough in my mind, and could not agree more. There should be not single public school program that does anything related to' English as a second language'. It is the ONLY language.

One issue though ...I cannot read the Huffington Post. She inherits this, and now she has become another Limbaugh ..a Liberal Limbaugh. Lot's of talk, no brain or sense of self thought. I cannot support her, so I do not log on. One thing to remember about computers ..they (the media) know EXACTLY what you look at, what stories you read, down to the detail. This does not happen with any other form of media ...unless you sign-up for it at your local trailer park. SO if you want to make a statement ...do not ever go to the site, and give them the satisfaction of counting you as another reader. If you don't log in ...they close their site. If there is a unique story ...I copy the story, and give a text-only reference ...no link to their site. I know you want to see just what "the other side" is thinking ...but that is what they hope you will do. SO it causes extremes in our news. Conservative sites, put an extreme liberal idea out ...to catch libs, while liberal sites do just the opposite.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 07:58:53 AM by IAA Fan »