Author Topic: I know this is a sore subject BUT.....  (Read 3542 times)

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
I know this is a sore subject BUT.....
« on: July 20, 2012, 04:18:55 PM »
 :) CAA hopes to add new members by 2013-14 year  ;D

Some on here are not to happy with the MVFC and the HL so this could be a chance to combine all sports into the same D1 league any thoughts  :-\

The MAC is not an option so here we go  fb

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4513262
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 04:19:39 PM by ysubigred »

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: I know this is a sore subject BUT.....
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 06:03:32 PM »
Here is my two cents.  Things have changed radically in the past year.  The Horizon League without Butler is highly likely to sink from a RPI of about 12 to about 20.  That will be very good for us since we could compete very well in that type of DI basketball league.  We go from being unable to compete in a basketball league to being highly competitive by doing exactly nothing.  Can't beat that.

In the past year, NDSU has restored prestige to the MVFC and repaired some of the damage to our reputation caused by the yearly playoff disappearance of Team Choke (Northern Iowa for the uninformed.)  Conversely, the CAA has lost Massachusetts, is losing Old Dominion after this season, and might lose Villanova whose program remains in Big East limbo.  If we could just get our gridiron act together, I would now prefer to join NDSU as driving forces within a revived MVFC.

But my opinion really does not matter.  Every reliable source to which I have access tells me that our future includes the Horizon League and the MVFC.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: I know this is a sore subject BUT.....
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 07:43:46 AM »
My $.02.

With the sheet shale fracking Y-town is going to radically transform in the next 5-10 years.  We already have major oil companies that have moved into the area.  I heard that there is over $500 Billion in oil in Mahoning County alone.  I have also heard that the number of professionals needed to support this business growth is way below what will be needed.  These corporations will be moving more people into the valley to support the business.  Not only will YSU have access to $$$$ from large corporation such as the oil companies, but also money from well fracking support businesses, professionals, and residents that own desired land (which is a good % of people in the valley).  In addition, professionals that want to continue higher education at YSU will be demanding more graduate programs.  My understanding is that the Engineering Dept is already working on brine water purification etc. with money fronted from some of these businesses.

The money issues of the past will go away.  The residents will also make a pile of cash on their property values. At the end of the day, we may have enough money and support to go full D1 if the cards are played right.  I wouldn't get to antsy.  A friend in need is a friend indeed.  YSU will have a lot of friends when evidence of the $$$ starts to show up.  We need to find out who our friends are now.   
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 07:50:03 AM by penguinpower »