Author Topic: YSU to build Soccer Stadium this summer  (Read 31699 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
YSU to build Soccer Stadium this summer
« on: April 26, 2012, 03:32:56 PM »
Saw an article in the Jambar that said construction will be started by early summer on a new Soccer Stadium across the street from Stambaugh Stadium. The project is budgeted for 1.88 million. Heard they are also going to build a softball stadium and a new outdoor track in the same area. Here are the two articles i found:

http://www.thejambar.com/news/facilitie ... 6BGr3mrSSo

http://www.ysunews.com/ysu-auditoriums- ... -upgrades/

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU to build Soccer Stadium this summer
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 07:05:44 PM »
This will allow all 12 people who regularly go to soccer games, and the 14 who watch girls softball......to enjoy some of the best facilities in their Conference. :o ;)

And is it any wonder......why the country is going broke?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 10:05:55 PM by Pizza »

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 09:27:53 PM »
Saw an article in the Jambar that said construction will be started by early summer on a new Soccer Stadium across the street from Stambaugh Stadium. The project is budgeted for 1.88 million. Heard they are also going to build a softball stadium and a new outdoor track in the same area. Here are the two articles i found:

http://www.thejambar.com/news/facilitie ... 6BGr3mrSSo

http://www.ysunews.com/ysu-auditoriums- ... -upgrades/

I am impressed, will help recruiting.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 03:54:44 PM »
Has anyone seen the plan drawings for this yet?

Offline BTD30

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 06:36:48 PM »
I wish they can add a men's soccer program.... we could probably play Akron, a perennial soccer team, if we did....

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 09:22:56 PM »
I wish they can add a men's soccer program.... we could probably play Akron, a perennial soccer team, if we did....

And get killed lol, but yes. Maybe this will get it going

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 09:48:53 AM »

You don't think that we are building a facility for women's sports do you? I have heard two reasons for the facility:

1. It is part of a women's sports complex ...will have 3 facilities ...soccer, softball, and a women's athletics center (building). Because of it's association with women's athletic, there is $$$ available.

2. It is the last facility we need to join the MAC and adding men's soccer is the key focus.

We do need one more men's program ...many say hockey, but we need a nationally-sanctioned sport. So it has to be swimming or soccer. Also, the plan that I have (which is old) does not have a track.  However, it is pre-WATTS.

I favor the soccer field, softball, with massive expansion of the track facilities. The women's athletics building is not really needed for any conference we are looking at. If we were trying to appeal to a larger conference, it would help us. Besides, we do not have the funds to staff it. It would become an office for part-time coaches, and a female weight-room ...and we should have the room for that in Stambaugh and Beeghly.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 09:52:06 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline GuinsAndNoles

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 01:42:25 PM »
You heard this is for the MAC, 1aa? I thought the MAC was a non-starter these days. Have you heard we are talking with them?

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 04:15:38 PM »
And i think their still also putting in the video boards in Beeghly Center this summer am i correct? That will be nice to see finally done

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2012, 08:16:11 PM »
What I dont get about this athletic administration and I suppose YSU in general is why they don't post dedicated information about upcoming construction for alumni.  Who knows maybe someone would take an interest?  Every other university has photos and attempt to keep in-touch with it's alumni...  YSUsports.com still has 2 photos of the WATTS?  I know they have a few photos on facebook and twitter but it doesnt showcase the one thing they have and thats updated facilities..... 

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2012, 10:55:43 PM »
goodnews,

Hiring a string of bad coaches.  Starting football games at unpopular times.  Failing to inform alumni about upcoming facilities upgrades.  It is all connected.  Just condition yourself to expect nothing from this administration; then you will never be disappointed.

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2012, 08:51:46 PM »
goodnews,

Hiring a string of bad coaches.  Starting football games at unpopular times.  Failing to inform alumni about upcoming facilities upgrades.  It is all connected.  Just condition yourself to expect nothing from this administration; then you will never be disappointed.

I am disappointed by Title IX. That Liberal, Democratic law......which has allowed a lot of young female athletes to be average.

I am sure, that wasn't the intent of the liberal/womens' rights....group.

They wanted equal opportunity for great female athletes.

TRUST ME......They Aren't getting THAT.....!!!!!

PM me if you'd like the details and facts......of this reality.....your TAX dollars at work...
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 09:04:39 PM by Pizza »

Offline ELPENGUIN

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2012, 10:57:53 PM »
You should be a financial contributor, or at least a member of the Penguin Club, or a paying alumni organization member to have a presentation put on as to what is being planned both facility wise and scheduling wise.  Recently the Sports Administration made a presentation to the Florida Alumnus as to plans and future scheduling in football and basketball games in the state of Florida.

Another organization that has had the same presentations has been the Curbstone Coaches. 

Let's put it this way, to be informed you should be part of the YSU information system/organizations not just a blogger.
"They have scalelike barbless feathers, flipperlike wings, and webbed feet and by the way also excellent athletic teams"

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2012, 12:09:50 AM »
Elpenguin funny you should assume that I don't contribute...  I contributed to the men's golf equipment that was added to the WATTS center if that counts..  I also live in Arizona and recently attended an Alumni event in February and the university president did not mention.... I guess you now know why I come here for facility upgrades...

Offline GuinsAndNoles

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2012, 06:15:15 PM »
ELPENGUIN, what did they say about scheduling games in Florida? I'd love a chance to see the Penguins play down here.