Author Topic: Vargo: Throwing star  (Read 13270 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Vargo: Throwing star
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2012, 05:00:37 PM »
Bellerria has a surprisingly good chicken parm. They just opened one in Columbus on high street. I get a generous chicken (2) pieces, sauce with the homemade cavatelli's, breadsticks, and Wedding Soup (large to medium container) all for $7.49. Great value & taste. If she wants to toss for the Guins ...I will buy.  :-*

Offline Petey

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2012, 06:34:44 PM »
1AA  where on High St? I have torn Columbus apart looking for good Italian (MVR style!) and have come up empty! Freinds suggested Villa Nova on High, but was not impressed. When did they open?

GOOOOO  GUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2012, 07:47:46 PM »
1AA  where on High St? I have torn Columbus apart looking for good Italian (MVR style!) and have come up empty! Freinds suggested Villa Nova on High, but was not impressed. When did they open?

GOOOOO  GUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are in the Graceland Shopping Center Petey. Wow, did they expand that place. There are about 25+ stores in there now, and an Urban Science. Belleria is on the right side between UPS and Photo shop. It is funny because the owners are from Pittsburgh and all their ads talk about the Mahoning Valley, and a signed Kelly Pavilic with belt photo ..they have no idea about any of this, but they have a very strong Ytown clientele. When they first opened a couple years back, the YSU football team went there. I was with Tyler Booth & his dad (if you linemen remember what a great player Tyler was). All the players signed a banner the front wall ...some OSU splayer signatures, Jon Heacock & Jim Tressel signatures as well. I asked for the they banner but the owner said no.

For pizza (and solid Italian in general) go to Carfagna's on Polaris ...between Cleveland and Worthington Rds. My favorite pizza down here. I work just about 2-blocks away. I get a number-1 there for lunch ...3 breadsticks, oil & wedding soup. There pizza is quite good. Similar to Elmton in crust, but better sausage. They use a sweet-dough crust like Elmton used to do. I am not big on Veal, but everyone raves about it. It is owned by the same people that have the meat shop on 161 ...between Cleveland and Karl.

http://www.carfagnaskitchen.com/images/stories/menus/carfagnaskitchen_menu_.pdf

« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 08:00:31 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2012, 11:57:31 PM »
For what it's worth.....one Italian guy's opinion, who grew up eating the Veal Parm (made by mom).....which will always be the best.......naturally.....

The three best places (eateries).....to eat the Veal Parm on this planet......are the Cafe Capre, the MVR, and the Elmton. No particular order. They all great in their own recipes.

JMHO.....

« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 11:59:56 PM by Pizza »

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2012, 12:38:44 PM »
Bellerria has a surprisingly good chicken parm. They just opened one in Columbus on high street. I get a generous chicken (2) pieces, sauce with the homemade cavatelli's, breadsticks, and Wedding Soup (large to medium container) all for $7.49. Great value & taste. If she wants to toss for the Guins ...I will buy.  :-*

Belleria ??  Belleria has many franchises now and they all blow.   The family run places in Cornersburg and Struthers were fine back in the day.

Might as well go to Carraba's and the Olive Garden  they are horrible too.
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!