Author Topic: Jake Jakubec basketball recruit  (Read 14432 times)

Offline YSUWildcat

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Jake Jakubec basketball recruit
« on: March 10, 2012, 10:35:05 PM »
closing on scoring 400 points in his senior year, thats pretty damn impressive for the confrence he plays in (maybe the best basketball confrence in the valley) and he's an outstanding 3 point shooter

YSU basketball would be oh so much better if they started to recruit like football and take long hard guys at just NEO players

Offline ELPENGUIN

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Jake Jakubec basketball recruit
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 11:58:06 AM »
Are you kidding me?  Look at the "success" we have had with Poland players from the same conference.
"They have scalelike barbless feathers, flipperlike wings, and webbed feet and by the way also excellent athletic teams"

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 02:22:29 PM »
High school basketball in the Mahoning Valley stinks.  Being the best conference in that environment means absolutely nothing.  This young man is like a thousand other kids: he can shoot if he is open.  Some of them are playing at the college level that they belong-Division 3. 

When Eargle finishes next season, I think that he will be the first Valley kid to complete all four years in D1 basketball in over a decade.  Our few basketball-centric fans will correct me if that impression is incorrect, but the statement is not off by much.  In the Mahoning Valley, for every D1 basketball recruit over the span of a decade there are 100 D1 football recruits.  The best athletes usually only play football.  That is the culture.  And the lack of any type of local base is one of the big problems for YSU basketball.

Offline YSUWildcat

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 02:49:14 PM »
Are you kidding me?  Look at the "success" we have had with Poland players from the same conference.

look at the lack of success without the local kids, 2 can play that game

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 09:04:46 PM »
Wick - D'Aundray Brown of Cleveland State should join Eargle after next season. And I believe you are correct - I don't recall anyone else for quite awhile.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 09:54:08 PM »
Terrence Dials from Boardman??

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 09:58:19 PM »
I think that will be it.  played four years, last year was 05-06.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 10:58:19 PM »
Geez, forgot all about Brown. OK, so three in about a decade.  Words like terrible and pathetic don't even do justice to this situation.

Big D

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 08:37:54 AM »
Eargle's high school teammate Desmar Jackson is on track to graduate from Southern Illinois.   He played 2 years at Wyoming before transferring to SIU.  He sat out this year and will have 2 years to play starting next year.

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 03:59:13 PM »
High school basketball in the Mahoning Valley stinks.  Being the best conference in that environment means absolutely nothing.  This young man is like a thousand other kids: he can shoot if he is open.  Some of them are playing at the college level that they belong-Division 3. 

When Eargle finishes next season, I think that he will be the first Valley kid to complete all four years in D1 basketball in over a decade.  Our few basketball-centric fans will correct me if that impression is incorrect, but the statement is not off by much.  In the Mahoning Valley, for every D1 basketball recruit over the span of a decade there are 100 D1 football recruits.  The best athletes usually only play football.  That is the culture.  And the lack of any type of local base is one of the big problems for YSU basketball.

Ditto---I made a decision  to go see the best High School game available weekly and got to a total of 0
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 04:32:39 PM »
closing on scoring 400 points in his senior year, thats pretty damn impressive for the confrence he plays in (maybe the best basketball confrence in the valley) and he's an outstanding 3 point shooter

YSU basketball would be oh so much better if they started to recruit like football and take long hard guys at just NEO players
Was going to stay out of this one but I can't. Jakubec?? Are you serious?? He is being recruited by D3 schools like Mt. Union. The local yokels [hello, Wildcat] that think we should be recruiting local high school basketball players are the same ones that think that we should have hired con-men like Bob Patton or Bob LaRicca as coaches.

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2012, 08:09:30 AM »
We should recruit this guy

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/Worlds_Tallest_Man_Stops_Growing_After_Treatment_at_UVa_142356645.html

Yea!!  But can he rebound  ??? Like a most tall guys they tend to stand around the bucket without grabbing the ball LOL!!  ::)

Offline MentorViking

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, 02:56:14 PM »

Was going to stay out of this one but I can't. Jakubec?? Are you serious?? He is being recruited by D3 schools like Mt. Union. The local yokels [hello, Wildcat] that think we should be recruiting local high school basketball players are the same ones that think that we should have hired con-men like Bob Patton or Bob LaRicca as coaches.

??? Jakubec was asked to Walk on at both Cleveland St and Kent St by their respected coaches.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2012, 08:06:31 PM »
This great star just scored a resounding three points as his team was blown away in the regional tournament.  To reinforce the point IP was making, 99% of the population have absolutely no idea how good an athlete must be to play D1 basketball - or D1 football for that matter.