Author Topic: Jake Jakubec basketball recruit  (Read 14472 times)

Offline MentorViking

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Jake Jakubec basketball recruit
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2012, 08:13:59 PM »
This great star just scored a resounding three points as his team was blown away in the regional tournament. 

yeah? Remind me again what he did durring the regular season and the other tourney games? oh right, scored 27 PPG regular season and 22 PPG in the Tourniment. 1 guy cant carry a team forever in HS and again Jakubec has been asked to walk on to 2 D1 teams.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 08:14:43 PM by MentorViking »

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2012, 01:22:57 PM »
This great star just scored a resounding three points as his team was blown away in the regional tournament.  To reinforce the point IP was making, 99% of the population have absolutely no idea how good an athlete must be to play D1 basketball - or D1 football for that matter.

+1, especially Mooney and Ursuline fans
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2012, 01:26:29 PM »
This great star just scored a resounding three points as his team was blown away in the regional tournament. 

yeah? Remind me again what he did durring the regular season and the other tourney games? oh right, scored 27 PPG regular season and 22 PPG in the Tourniment. 1 guy cant carry a team forever in HS and again Jakubec has been asked to walk on to 2 D1 teams.

In all fairness to Jake, Chanel's coach focused his defense on stopping him.  Anybody can be taken away if hoops, you just have to live with the other things you give up.  I'd let him come as an "invited walk-on", what could that hurt?  In fact if Slocum doesn't ask him and if Kent and CSU DID, it would be a mistake not to ask him.
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline ELPENGUIN

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2012, 01:15:48 AM »
Saw him play last night.  He is not division I material nor a possible walk on at YSU. My opinion.
"They have scalelike barbless feathers, flipperlike wings, and webbed feet and by the way also excellent athletic teams"

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2012, 07:24:38 PM »
Saw him play last night.  He is not division I material nor a possible walk on at YSU. My opinion.

A great HS player. Playing at the D1 level does not define one talents. There is always D2/D3....there are many great programs in Ohio that offer that. With great educational opportunities. That's where this kid will reap rewards. Most D1 players will never graduate, never make the pros'. They will ignore their educational opportunity, and "many" will be working at McDonalds when their career ends.

Jakubec will be a success, in any profession he chooses.

Offline MentorViking

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2012, 08:21:01 PM »
made 1st team all state in D2 in Ohio. Kid really sucks.  :-X