Author Topic: Football Stuff!!!  (Read 15766 times)

Offline pennyguin1

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Football Stuff!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2012, 12:05:35 AM »
I like Pace too. He impressed me so much last year. He reminds me of another #25 that played at YSU.

Also if I remember correctly the UNI game is Sept 22. That just happens to be my 5th wedding anniversary. Yes I got married during football season. The best gift would be: a YSU over UNI(they haven't beat UNI since I was a student at YSU)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 06:31:05 AM »
Wow! I guess being new to this site doesn't entitle me to a response to my questions. If you state that Cook is out for the Spring you should bring some facts to back it up. What RB had surgery?

welcome guinman. I thought Cook had a lifting incident? I am not certain if he is the one that needed surgery ...I hope not.

Penny. My daughter was married a couple of seasons ago (October). She went to OSU, so did the entire bridal party. I had to suffer with the OSU game on TV during the reception, but we did finally watch the myYTV game afterwards. Now she is due to turn me into a grandfather (already!?#@%$^$), and on the day just prior to the UNI game to boot!! If she is late, it will work perfectly ...that is our bye week. I will have to buy Penguin baby gear, as I know that a parent would not want to upset "grandpa" by not coming over the baby wearing the gift :) I also have a light that shines Pete on the ceiling ...would make a good nightlight.

Then in 2013, we have a new tailgater as well.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 12:24:48 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2012, 02:22:06 PM »
Wow! I guess being new to this site doesn't entitle me to a response to my questions. If you state that Cook is out for the Spring you should bring some facts to back it up. What RB had surgery?

This isnt a newspaper ...its a forum..when u get info..sometimes its second or third hand info, sometimes better than that.   and hopefully its true...as for getting a response...be patient and you usually get a response eventually....Being that its a forum for info and entertainment for the fans...RELAX!!!!
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline pennyguin1

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2012, 03:06:49 PM »
I-AA-Congrats on the new grandchild. Where did u find the Pete the Penguin light? Rodney III has a night light, but Pete the Penguin would be much cooler. Our little one will make his Penguin debut next season, so we will have two new tailgaters(as many of u know before many YSU home games you can find Lucky and I roaming around the tailgate lots)

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2012, 11:59:06 AM »
I-AA-Congrats on the new grandchild. Where did u find the Pete the Penguin light? Rodney III has a night light, but Pete the Penguin would be much cooler. Our little one will make his Penguin debut next season, so we will have two new tailgaters(as many of u know before many YSU home games you can find Lucky and I roaming around the tailgate lots)

Congrats Penny and 1AA, nothing like grandkids!

Penny how is your brother doing?  can't send a PM or I would ask that way.
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2012, 12:51:35 PM »
Thanks for the congrats, I will pass it on to my daughter. The penguin light was at the seasonal sporting goods store that always shows up in the SP Mall for Christmas, it was across from what would be the old food court where the chicken place was/is.

The light is a cube, (like a piece of crystal) with Pete on the top & inside, when you turn it on, it lights up & also throws Pete up on the ceiling. I take a tube from a roll of paper towels, which covers up the light, but still throws Petey up on the ceiling.

Offline pennyguin1

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2012, 12:45:59 AM »
Lecter-Brother is doing great. I saw him a few weeks ago for Rodney's III first b-day party that we had here at my house. I think this year he may be able to make it to a few Guin games.

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2012, 10:31:16 AM »
Gary Thorton.....and Cameron Keyes..???

25 - Torrian Pace
Height:  5-10
Weight:  225
Year:  So.
Hometown:  Chantilly, Va.
High School:  Chantilly
Position:  TB

Great kid my personal favorite.

I have had the distinct pleasure of coaching Torrian Pace. And while YSU has 85 special athletes.....Torrian is in my Top 5.

I hope he gets every chance he has earned.
Gary Thorton.....and Cameron Keyes..???

25 - Torrian Pace
Height:  5-10
Weight:  225
Year:  So.
Hometown:  Chantilly, Va.
High School:  Chantilly
Position:  TB

Great kid my personal favorite.

I have had the distinct pleasure of coaching Torrian Pace. And while YSU has 85 special athletes.....Torrian is in my Top 5.

I hope he gets every chance he has earned.
Ditto!! and as John Lennon would probably say--"All we are saying is Give Pace a Chance!"

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2012, 10:56:19 AM »
Any issue with needing a new kicker came from our coaching staff. Brown seemed to improve quite a bit, yet was never used outside of XP's. The again, they see him more that we do.

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2012, 07:20:45 PM »
Any issue with needing a new kicker came from our coaching staff. Brown seemed to improve quite a bit, yet was never used outside of XP's. The again, they see him more that we do.

Get the ball in the end zone!
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!