Author Topic: If Akise Teague.....  (Read 45483 times)

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: If Akise Teague.....
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2012, 09:41:37 PM »
Anyone have updates on Teague?.......would love to have him at YSU. A great HS football player. On par,... size and speed wise with Jamaine Cook. Probably a tad taller. Cook is sick...if you ever saw him train. Don't know Teague has that ability or discipline (Cook is a engineering major.....if I'm not mistaken).....and he doesn't steal from his teammates. But Teague has "moves" Cook doesn't, ... on the field.

Back to the $64,000 question....let's discuss. (I'm all for giving any young kid a second chance). I know what I did as a youngster. I was a good kid. Wouldn't want to be judged as an 18 year old.

Offline PenguinRocket

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2012, 02:28:46 PM »
long time reader, first time poster. 
teague made a mistake and people make mistakes...it's pretty much what makes us human in a way.  someone will give the kid a second chance, and if he succeeds it will be a good story, but if messes up then that school will receive a black eye.  i got a strong feeling the kid will have learned his lesson and if given a "very" short leash i think it would be a great opportunity for all parties involved to get him here.  isn't that what youngstown state is all about?  how many from the area finish their degrees here that they did not finish earlier or elsewhere?  this is the same athletic department that allows a registered sex offender to take pictures at sporting events, even in the wake of everything that has happened in other programs.  second chances are always welcomed, and what better place than in youngstown.

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2012, 10:01:40 PM »
eeerily.....silent on this topic. A former Mr. Ohio Football.....from our town.....and nothing is happening? No one is talking about it ???

Hey, the kid is 19-20. Made a mistake.....how about second chances folks?

If there is more to this story, I as a Penguin fan, would appreciate someone reporting on it.

"One time" mistakes by any of us should be forgiven. And myself as a Christian would give anyone a 2nd , 3rd and 4th chance......when they make efforts to improve.

I just don't get the lack of support for a good kid from the area.

Wolf and Rollen Smith are Ursuline guys......knew Akise well.......knew what the program was all about....

This is a no-brainer to me. Surely the Teague kid can play. What is the hold-up??

Give the kid a chance...a second chance.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 12:22:40 AM by Pizza »

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2012, 11:53:20 AM »
I will comment.

I am hugely ambivalent on getting Teague.

Don't really care, we don't need him now and we can  get another one like him signed every year if we want.
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2012, 02:22:39 PM »
With Wolfords recruiting...getting Teague to me isnt a pressing issue...if we want to give him a chance thats ok...but he needs to earn that trust...show me a 3.0 ,and a year on the scout team and some community service..then maybe in 2013 you can play...to hand a kid something with no consequences, is not helping the kid at all. 
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2012, 10:47:32 PM »
All I can guess and surmise is that Wolf and Smith know things we don't. Maybe this wasn't an isolated incident. Maybe this has been going on for a while while he was at Ursuline. I'm just trying to put the pieces together.

Those guys are in tight with Ursuline. Heard Teague actually lived with Smith at some point in time....(that's just a rumor..mind you).

I don't know. Maybe many issues with the kids Ursuline has been recruiting. Maybe YSU guys know what's going on.

Can only wish the best for the kid. Hope he gets a second chance.

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2012, 08:47:26 AM »
Akise did live with Smith for a time-If I hear any news I will post it.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2012, 02:44:57 PM »
Aren't we all forgetting something?  This guy was arrested for burglary.  You know, trial, conviction, prison.

Offline ELPENGUIN

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2012, 03:53:26 PM »
This is a non issue.  If you notice this is old news, how about we drop the subject.  There is still court action coming up and the University of Cincinnati still has to judge after "all the Facts" are in.
"They have scalelike barbless feathers, flipperlike wings, and webbed feet and by the way also excellent athletic teams"

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2012, 12:19:14 PM »
With Wolfords recruiting...getting Teague to me isnt a pressing issue...if we want to give him a chance thats ok...but he needs to earn that trust...show me a 3.0 ,and a year on the scout team and some community service..then maybe in 2013 you can play...to hand a kid something with no consequences, is not helping the kid at all.

+1
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2012, 08:36:19 PM »
Akise did live with Smith for a time-If I hear any news I will post it.

Is there some reason...he only lived with Rollen Smith......for a time ???

Why did Rollen.......ask him to go???

And who did he go too?

Was it Reardon, who was the Ursuline Head Coach at the time ?? If that is true.....since when do HS coaches act as harbingers for kids???...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 09:14:55 PM by Pizza »

Offline ELPENGUIN

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2012, 11:39:43 PM »
Pizza, those are personal questions and you are not close enough to begin to ask them.  Give it a break.
"They have scalelike barbless feathers, flipperlike wings, and webbed feet and by the way also excellent athletic teams"

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2012, 12:17:08 AM »
Akise lived with Reardon his senior year because Teague's family all lives in Georgia? Alabama? One of those two so he really never had anybody family wise here with him so Reardon was his father figure. Akise is a good guy, met him a couple of times. Sure he just made a mistake, a 2nd chance can never hurt

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2012, 09:07:42 PM »
Pizza, those are personal questions and you are not close enough to begin to ask them.  Give it a break.

OK.........whatever you say.......       

I don't play the game of Chess.......but I do know the word......"Checkmate"......!!!

;) ;) ;) >:( :( ??? :-[ :-\ :)

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2012, 09:16:16 PM »
Akise lived with Reardon his senior year because Teague's family all lives in Georgia? Alabama? One of those two so he really never had anybody family wise here with him so Reardon was his father figure. Akise is a good guy, met him a couple of times. Sure he just made a mistake, a 2nd chance can never hurt

If true, does that mean Poland and Liberty can start recruiting kids from Ga and Ala.....??

The whole family lives in GA....and he is playing football in Y-town? Living wit the HS coach???

Were are the Vindy "investigative" reporters......when the story smacks them right in face......??
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 09:17:26 PM by Pizza »