Author Topic: Men's basketball at UIC - Thursday 8 p.m.  (Read 9778 times)

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Men's basketball at UIC - Thursday 8 p.m.
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 09:57:38 PM »
That game was lost when Slocum sent three bench players onto the court following the 8 minute media timeout when we were down by only 4 points. >:(  Explain to me why healthy, 18-22 year old athletes can not play 8 more minutes of basketball after a timeout.  Naturally, UIC extended the margin to 9 before the starters could be reinserted and the game was over.  It is one thing to insert our miserable bench players into a game in the first half; it is quite another to actually play them in crunch time.  Terrible loss.  Disgusting coaching.   :-[

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Men's basketball at UIC - Thursday 8 p.m.
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 10:16:35 PM »
I understand chemistry on a team and that the JUCO way is hit and miss but the staff is going a long way from Ytown to fill the 6-12 roster spots with players that can't help the team.  Having grown up in Central PA I can tell you that there are pockets of good basketball throughout the state that should be recruited.  Harrisburg, York, Reading, Allentown to name a few.  If there are 250 legitimate Division I schools in basketball that is a total of 3,000 players with 750 new players per class..... How can we not recruit 8 players deep.  It makes no sense and baffles me beyond belief.... They better dump a couple people on scholarships and get a couple JUCO's otherwise it will be wasted talent just like when Q was there...........