Author Topic: YSU defensive coordinator leaves  (Read 22862 times)

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU defensive coordinator leaves
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 10:10:58 PM »
Agreed, YSU45 is correct on his analysis.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline YSUWildcat

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2012, 10:17:54 PM »
Wildcat
Hes not a good coach. His Daddy is a good coach. He won't be the DC at YSU. I don't care about the records.

yeah he's a fanastic coach
nobobdy gives a sh** if you care about the facts or not, the records still stand
you must have been a butthurt 3rd string bench warmer under him at Fitch

the FACT remains, Larry Kehres has not touched the D since his son took over

but keep trolling along, showing you dont know jacksh** what your talking about

Not sure who you are, but 45 knows his stuff & played big time football for a National Championship team.  I'd say you're the troll.  Don't bash someone for giving their opinion

Buuuulllshiiiiit

Offline YSUWildcat

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2012, 10:18:30 PM »

nope wrong
look at Kehres history in college, that says it all right there

/thread

ysu45 is full of sh** who was nothing more then a butthurt benchwarmer at fitch

not sure why so many morons think Kehres sucks when his college coaching history proves you 100% wrong

its ok its just another board where i automatically become the best poster, this is nothing new
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 10:19:25 PM by YSUWildcat »

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2012, 10:28:07 PM »
heard Vince Kehres (Larry Kehres is the HC, is son vince is the DC) is a canidate from Mount Union
would be absolutley shocked if he left

If I'm not mistaken the "younger Kehres" left Mount for another D3 a year or two ago. To spread his wings a little. Mount Union is his final "destination location if he is smart". Why give up a gauranteed 15 year job....for a hell packed 2-3 gig at YSU?

you are 100% Mistaken
been at Mount Union his entire coaching career

Thanks. I wasn't sure. Maybe it was someone else on the staff...maybe not.

No matter, Kehres SR.....has found the "goldmine" or the "fountain of youth"....or strategy, to attract D1 and D2 level players to a D3 school.

Master salesmanship along with the great football coaching.

Let's face it. Alliance is not a "destination location". It ain't LA or Miami. They are doing sooooo many things right there.

Good for them.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 10:30:22 PM by Pizza »

Offline GoGuins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2012, 10:38:57 PM »
As great as Mt Union's program is, YSU is not going to hire a DC from a small time program.  They'll go after a bigger fish

Offline GoGuins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2012, 10:42:04 PM »

nope wrong
look at Kehres history in college, that says it all right there

/thread

ysu45 is full of sh** who was nothing more then a butthurt benchwarmer at fitch

not sure why so many morons think Kehres sucks when his college coaching history proves you 100% wrong

its ok its just another board where i automatically become the best poster, this is nothing new

You don't get out of your mama's basement much do you?  Step away from the keyboard and get back to your video games

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2012, 11:02:49 PM »
I was intrigued by the young Kehres, until 45 checked in.  As a player on one of our National Championship teams, his credentials at football analysis exceed those of anybody else on this site. 

When you are looking at Mt. Union's accomplishments, staggering as they are, remember one thing.  Unlike the scholarship divisions, there is no limit to the number of players that can try out for that team.  They start with some ridiculous figure like 200 players and go from there.  Every high school player in Ohio that is not good enough to acquire a scholarship would have Mt. Union first on his wish list.  Kehres also benefits from a handful of players who could make it on the D2 or even D1 levels but, for whatever reason, choose to be a whale in a small swimming pool.  So in every game that Mt. Union plays until the championship, they have an enormous talent advantage.  That edge disappears against Whitewater who seems to corner the market on non-scholarship Wisconsin/Minnesota players.  Bottom line is that it is somewhat dangerous to expect that coaching excellence at Mt. Union would translate to the scholarship divisions where the advantages in player procurement evaporate.

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2012, 11:18:22 PM »
I was intrigued by the young Kehres, until 45 checked in.  As a player on one of our National Championship teams, his credentials at football analysis exceed those of anybody else on this site. 

When you are looking at Mt. Union's accomplishments, staggering as they are, remember one thing.  Unlike the scholarship divisions, there is no limit to the number of players that can try out for that team.  They start with some ridiculous figure like 200 players and go from there.  Every high school player in Ohio that is not good enough to acquire a scholarship would have Mt. Union first on his wish list.  Kehres also benefits from a handful of players who could make it on the D2 or even D1 levels but, for whatever reason, choose to be a whale in a small swimming pool.  So in every game that Mt. Union plays until the championship, they have an enormous talent advantage.  That edge disappears against Whitewater who seems to corner the market on non-scholarship Wisconsin/Minnesota players.  Bottom line is that it is somewhat dangerous to expect that coaching excellence at Mt. Union would translate to the scholarship divisions where the advantages in player procurement evaporate.

Interesting comment. And I agree with the premise.

Just to argue for the sake of talking football,.......let's ask ourselves a question or two. At one point in time, not every D1/D2 hopeful "wanted" to go to Mount Union after they got shunned by D1 programs. Something had to happen there prior......to make them all desire to go to Alliance. A few National Titles in a row created that yearly desire. Kehres created that.

And I too find it amazing that 200 freshman kids will try out for football. They don't get scholarships, some/many get 1/2 of a $35K/yr tuition covered. That still leaves paying more tuition than at YSU.

But Mount does get kids there regularly. And attracting great athletes....recruiting.....makes bad coaches look good. It's easy to go 8-3 or 9-2 at Ohio State.....isn't it?

It's Jimmies and Joes vs X's and O's........I'll take the athletes. That's why you see major college coaches recruiting convicted felons.

If you want to find a truly great Coach like Kehres, find the guy that turns around Hiram football. Then follow him when the get's the Head job at New Mexico State and turns them around. Then he'll get the job at Georgia State....(a new program in a more desirable location/Atlanta). Then when he wins their and upsets Alabama, Ga Tech or Georgia in a week #1 "money game".........Hire HIM!!!

Hire Him!!!......Because he won....playing with crappy players.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 11:29:28 PM by Pizza »

Offline GoGuins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2012, 11:58:35 PM »
I've been to many UofMU games and yes they do dress around 200 for home games.  They have a freshman team also that travels which I think a lot of DIII programs have

As far as tuition, I took a football visit there back in 1988 (Kehres 2nd year there) and I remember Admissions going over all the extra grants I could get as a student athlete to offset the high tuition.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 11:59:53 PM by GoGuins »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2012, 09:22:03 PM »
Mt. Union has more ex-buckeyes than any other program. He would be an assistant at YSU. This real football folks. At $250k ..the name is big.

Offline YSUWildcat

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2012, 07:00:30 PM »

my 3 NC at UMU>>>>1 NC at YSU

whats your point? does that mean i have 3 times the credabillity LOL YSU45 was nothing more then a butthurt bench warmer at fitch, couldnt care less about his YSU NC ring

Offline YSUWildcat

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2012, 07:01:54 PM »
Mt. Union has more ex-buckeyes than any other program. He would be an assistant at YSU. This real football folks. At $250k ..the name is big.

even though no former Ohio St players has played there in over a decade then sure

Offline GoGuins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2012, 10:09:50 PM »

my 3 NC at UMU>>>>1 NC at YSU

whats your point? does that mean i have 3 times the credabillity LOL YSU45 was nothing more then a butthurt bench warmer at fitch, couldnt care less about his YSU NC ring

45 doesn't need me defending him, but I believe he has more than 1 NC ring.  So Wildcat, did you play for Mount?  What are you credentials besides saying the same thing over & over? 

Offline mdfblax

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2012, 10:33:35 AM »
If we're going to talk to Vince... why not talk with the Whitewater DC?  He's been able to stop the Mount Offense!

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2012, 11:23:04 AM »
Wolford is taking his time and being thorough, just as he did after he was hired and assembled his staff.  That is a good thing.  Perhaps the DC will be someone that has not even been mentioned here.  As another poster suggested, with our offense, this has got to be a very attractive job.  You don't have to be perfect; just don't stink.