Author Topic: Recruiting News..?  (Read 54107 times)

Offline Train

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Recruiting News..?
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2012, 12:49:48 PM »
same team that was up big at half.......got complacent.....and was a 3rd down and 3 dropped pass in the flats away from the playoffs...

Online IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2012, 12:59:23 PM »
I am going to throw in that Wolf was less-ready to be a head-coach than I had initially thought. However, with two coordinators with HC experience, we will be alright. We are coming off almost 25-years with only 2 HC's ...so we cannot expect everything. I might also point out that I was ready to "pull the plug" on Tressel in the late 80's ...and I was not the only one. Coach H knew what he was doing because of 10-years under Tressel. He still made head-coaching errors. Next year coach W's mid-season changes will not be so drastic.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2012, 11:08:49 AM »
Byron pringle, an athlete from tampa, fl has committed. The kid did not play at all his junior season because he was arrested and charged with 7 counts, including assault with a deadly weapon and grand theft auto. He was not convicted of any of those and got 4 years probation. His high school coach said this kid will be playing on sundays. His highlight gape shows he has talent to go anywhere but all his off the field issues scared teams away. I hope this kid comes in and dominates. Could be a star on the field!!

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2012, 11:30:14 AM »
Clearly the staff has done their homework and believe the kid will keep out of trouble.  For Pringle's sake I hope they are right.  For YSU's sake they HAVE to be right.  Perhaps getting far away from home will be the best thing for him.

http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/blog/knights-pringle-commits-youngstown-state/12580/

What might go down as the turnaround story of the year in Hillsborough County for the 2011 football season will culminate Wednesday when Robinson ATH Byron Pringle signs with Division I-AA Youngstown State.
Knights coach Mike DePue confirmed to the Times that Pringle, who missed all of the 2010 season following his arrest that summer for his involvement in a local crime spree, has committed following a weekend visit to the Ohio school.
Bethune-Cookman was Pringle's only other offer.
"He's a bigger steal than Javier (Arenas) going to Alabama," said DePue, referring to the former Knights standout who became a University of Alabama all-American despite flying below the collective recruiting radar. "A lot of teams sniffed but they didn't jump because of the legal problems."
Pringle's commitment coincides with various reports that Youngstown defensive coordinator Rick Kravitz -- a St. Petersburg native who recruited Pringle -- had been let go. DePue said Pringle, a Times first-team all-county receiver this past season, has his paperwork in hand.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2012, 11:42:14 AM »
This one makes me real nervous.  I have a pessimistic view about human nature and believe that criminals can never be reformed.  Hope that I am wrong and this kid can be saved. 

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2012, 11:55:44 AM »
These are the types of players jimmy tressel brought in to help him 4 titles. This kid deserves a shot and I hope it works out

Online IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2012, 01:03:22 PM »
Not completely true 0505 on Tressel, but a very good point. It is just that we took two of these guys last year. Cannot blame people for being nervous ... I certainly am. Then again, look at Guin-legend Marcus Mason. He was accused of theft, but came here & left a solid NFL prospect.

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2012, 02:28:09 PM »
This one makes me real nervous.  I have a pessimistic view about human nature and believe that criminals can never be reformed.  Hope that I am wrong and this kid can be saved.
I think you're wrong Wick. Lecter turned out OK!!!!!!

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2012, 04:14:09 PM »
I think you're wrong Wick. Lecter turned out OK!!!!!!

Seen and heard of him running from the law a few times.  I don't think he's totally rehabilitated LOL!!

Offline Train

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2012, 10:18:02 PM »
he will get a fair chance at ysu under coach wolf....the rest is really up to the kid....suggest he takes the opportunity and runs with it...

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2012, 10:51:53 PM »
WR Christian Morgan from Akron Firestone has committed. 5-11, 175

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2012, 08:48:39 AM »
If you can't wait for the official listing later this afternoon, follow YSUSports on Twitter

https://twitter.com/#!/YSUsports

Here are the letters received so far:

YSUsports Penguins Athletics
YSU FOOTBALL NLI SIGNEE: OL Christian Wilson 6-6, 320, McKeesport, Pa. (McKeesport Area). #ysufootball
21 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

YSU FOOTBALL NLI SIGNEE: OL Mac Wightman 6-4, 295, Avon Lake, Ohio (Avon) #ysufootball
21 minutes ago

YSU FOOTBALL NLI SIGNEE: LB Chavien Nolcox 6-5, 210, Cleveland, Ohio (VASJ) #ysufootball
22 minutes ago

YSU FOOTBALL NLI SIGNEE: DL Austin Trgovcich 6-3, 285, Youngstown, Ohio (Cardinal Mooney) #ysufootball
23 minutes ago

YSU FOOTBALL NLI SIGNEE: TE Jordan Feeser 6-4, 240, Piqua, Ohio (Piqua) #ysufootball
23 minutes ago

YSU FOOTBALL NLI SIGNEE: OL Brock Eisenhuth 6-5, 305, Johnstown, Pa. (Johnstown)
24 minutes ago

YSU FOOTBALL NLI SIGNEE: OL Dylan Colucci, 6-6, 300, Latrobe, Pa. (Greater Latrobe)
25 minutes ago

FOOTBALL NLI: DL Matt Bell 6-4, 285, Hickory, Pa. (Hickory)

Offline Train

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2012, 09:11:13 AM »
got some big boys coming in...!!.....

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2012, 10:43:06 AM »
YSU FOOTBALL SIGNEE: DB David Rivers 6-2, 185, Hialeah, Fla. (American Senior HS). #ysufootball
16 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

YSU FOOTBALL SIGNEE: LB Kevon Caffey 5-10, 190, Miami, Fla. (Washington). #ysufootball

Offline Train

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2012, 02:31:25 PM »
full list of recruits on ysusports.com

congrats to Coach and staff...anxious to hear what they have to
say about this class...

at first glance looks like a great group...!