Author Topic: The sorrowful Wait Til Next Year thread!  (Read 17719 times)

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
The sorrowful Wait Til Next Year thread!
« on: November 19, 2011, 05:32:12 PM »
This loss was the most devastating in the history of the program.

This loss was the most disgraceful in the history of the program.

This loss will cost the university about 3,000 potential season ticket holders who might have been gained had we made the playoffs.

This loss turns an off-season that should have been filled with optimism and anticipation into a period of anger and big doubts.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: The sorrowful Wait Til Next Year thread!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 05:45:19 PM »
Wolford has to make the tough decision to get rid of our d coordinator.  For him to succeed our defense has to be good.  Very dissappointed and shocked to say the least.

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 05:52:13 PM »
This loss should bring scrutiny on ALL the coaching staff, and then on their priorities in establishing an identity.  With Wolford's rep I thought we would have had a really hard-nosed team-----not so.  I want Tressel-ball back.

I am going to reserve any other comments till I watch the TV replay.  I did post or start a thread after last week's game about the horrible special teams.  Well they played even worse today.

Sad.

We are the Cleveland Browns of the league, always snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline YSUfan21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 06:36:21 PM »
Wolford has to make the tough decision to get rid of our d coordinator.  For him to succeed our defense has to be good.  Very dissappointed and shocked to say the least.

not true, if you ask YSUbigred, he will tell you the D has carried us this year and is comparable to the 85 bears, its really the offense thats given up all those points this year

Offline YSUfan21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 06:37:20 PM »
This loss should bring scrutiny on ALL the coaching staff, and then on their priorities in establishing an identity.  With Wolford's rep I thought we would have had a really hard-nosed team-----not so.  I want Tressel-ball back.

ill pass, teams dont win playing that way anymore, its 1940's outdated useless football
I am going to reserve any other comments till I watch the TV replay.  I did post or start a thread after last week's game about the horrible special teams.  Well they played even worse today.

Sad.

We are the Cleveland Browns of the league, always snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 06:49:00 PM »
Great posts ...Kravitz better be gone. As clearly disappointed as Wick is with his post ...he so right. Right now I am still too upset to post any more. We went from beating #1, to losing to the second worst team in the nation.

Offline YGUINSNO1

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 08:02:46 PM »
Are You Kidding Me Today!!??      what the hell was that... ???

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 09:49:48 PM »

Sorry but the "O" coordinator isn't to stellar either  ??? He genius for a half or so then a better coaching staff figuers his "O" out then he can't adjust. 

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2011, 12:53:47 AM »
This loss was the most devastating in the history of the program.

This loss was the most disgraceful in the history of the program.

This loss will cost the university about 3,000 potential season ticket holders who might have been gained had we made the playoffs.

This loss turns an off-season that should have been filled with optimism and anticipation into a period of anger and big doubts.
This loss was truly disgusting but realistically the team as well as the rest of the MVFC is much improved over last year.With a team this young and a decent recruiting class the anger and the doubts during the off-season will disappear and the bandwagon will be full by next season when we put the playoff situation in our own hands rather than a committee that probably still would've snubbed us if we had won.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 07:54:18 AM »
The only comments  I have are as follows:

They waited to start picking on #25 until the end of the game. One of the passes bounced off of his helmet and the other was thrown above him. He never turned around. The other issue is that we should have taken pass interference penalties vs giving up TD's down there, however, I'm not sure the defense would have stopped them anyway. They didn't come to play yesterday. They did show signs but weren't consistent.

I wanted to cringe everytime they ran the ball back on special teams
We gave up half a field every return.

I really want too disappointed in the offense, but we couldn't get a first down when we needed it. For me it doesn't matter how many passes we drop by the). We shouldn't have to pass on 3rd down IMOP.

There's the season in a nutshell. I hope they go into the offseason and remember that you cannot overlook any team in this conference
I also hope that they remember that they were good enought to get in. All the teams that had to lose did lose. They controlled their own destiny and blew it.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2011, 08:26:25 AM »
Our defensive backs have no clue where the ball is and are beat everytime.  We need cover guys with ball instincts and speed.  It may have been a team loss but the defensive backs were a big part of that. 

2012 we need a new DC and tons of juco and d1 transfers on D who can possibly be eligilble by spring ball so they and the new DC can get on the same page.

The offense will need to get a few different looks and schemes to keep the opposition thinking. 

I thought we would win 6 and we did. 

If we fix the D and special teams then we can possibly win 8 next year.

I hear NDSU is on the road again next season and not at home.

Is next year a 12 game season?

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2011, 09:11:32 AM »

Is next year a 12 game season?

It should be.

Offline YSU RON

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2011, 09:19:33 AM »
This loss was on the special teams. It's been only 2 years so give the staff and team some time. Don't expect miracles in two years. A bunch of you think you are top ranked coaches with your opinions. The wins and playoffs will come.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2011, 11:41:09 AM »
This loss was on the special teams. It's been only 2 years so give the staff and team some time. Don't expect miracles in two years. A bunch of you think you are top ranked coaches with your opinions. The wins and playoffs will come.

Ron the voice of reason  :)  You bring it back into prospective my friend +1 ^

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2011, 12:14:53 PM »
Next year is an 11 game schedule. We do again play at No Dakota St. I believe it is in 2013 we can play a 12 game schedule.