Author Topic: Wolford  (Read 22853 times)

Offline YSUfan21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Wolford
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2011, 06:38:44 PM »
not sure why we cant keep Wolf? Tressel turned down the Miami (fl) job when they were in their prime when Butch Davis left before he took the Ohio St job, just saying.

its not very un-realistic to think we can keep a good coach, especially a guy who was born and raised here

Tressel was the exception, I would hope we can keep Wolf, but ita unrealistic with the money that is being thrown around by the big boys...Penguinpower stole my thunder...by bringing up KSU, that is his old school and he is very close to Coach Snyder...If its not about money and its family and home then he stays...but hell we offered the Stoops brother and rumor has it family said take the job come home...he took the money and Sunny fla.   Lets hope he gets the job done first and enjoy the ride...maybe we will get lightning in the bottle twice!!! Go Penguins!!!

Florida St is a FAR cry from K-State
at FSU Stoops could get top end DBs to coach up, and FSU gave him a huge deal for a DBs coach, while K-St struggles to get many kids better then YSU which is why they recruit so many JUCO kids, they have to compete with OU, Kansas, Texas, Texas Tech, Okie St, Texas A&M, Missouri all in their area and thats just the big schools, while here in Youngstown and North East Ohio, you really only deal with Pitt, Ohio St, scUM and Mich St and for some reason Ohio St and scUM doesnt offer a ton of NE Ohio kids especially local kids, i would rather compete with 2 big schools then 7, and theres a ton of talent to go around in NE Ohio

K-St doesnt pay that well either IIRC

K-St isnt a concern IMO, even if you wanna say its his alma matter, well he's already coaching were he grew up so those 2 points even each other out
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 06:39:51 PM by YSUfan21 »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2011, 07:07:16 PM »
not sure why we cant keep Wolf? Tressel turned down the Miami (fl) job when they were in their prime when Butch Davis left before he took the Ohio St job, just saying.

its not very un-realistic to think we can keep a good coach, especially a guy who was born and raised here

Tressel was the exception, I would hope we can keep Wolf, but ita unrealistic with the money that is being thrown around by the big boys...Penguinpower stole my thunder...by bringing up KSU, that is his old school and he is very close to Coach Snyder...If its not about money and its family and home then he stays...but hell we offered the Stoops brother and rumor has it family said take the job come home...he took the money and Sunny fla.   Lets hope he gets the job done first and enjoy the ride...maybe we will get lightning in the bottle twice!!! Go Penguins!!!

Tressel was also going through a divorce when Miami came calling and it wasn't a good time for him, he probably also knew that his dream job a possibility on the horizon when Cooper couldn't beat Michigan.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2011, 07:14:22 PM »

at FSU Stoops could get top end DBs to coach up, and FSU gave him a huge deal for a DBs coach, while K-St struggles to get many kids better then YSU which is why they recruit so many JUCO kids, they have to compete with OU, Kansas, Texas, Texas Tech, Okie St, Texas A&M, Missouri all in their area and thats just the big schools, while here in Youngstown and North East Ohio, you really only deal with Pitt, Ohio St, scUM and Mich St and for some reason Ohio St and scUM doesnt offer a ton of NE Ohio kids especially local kids, i would rather compete with 2 big schools then 7, and theres a ton of talent to go around in NE Ohio

K-St isnt a concern IMO, even if you wanna say its his alma matter, well he's already coaching were he grew up so those 2 points even each other out

I am glad that you are a mind reader.  Where did you get your crystal ball?  Did you give any thought that he is coaching here because it a stepping stone, we have good access to premier hospitals such as the The Cleveland Clinic and Pittsburgh Children's for his son?

How much time do you think the guy spends here in Y-town?  I would say not much over the course of the year because he is a perpetual recruiter and a competitor that doesn't like to lose.  I would have to thnk that he travels a lot.   

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2011, 07:46:45 PM »
I only ask.....when playoffs are announced this Sunday.

Will the golden crown still fit?

GO PENGUINS

Offline YSUfan21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2011, 08:16:07 PM »

Tressel was also going through a divorce when Miami came calling and it wasn't a good time for him, he probably also knew that his dream job a possibility on the horizon when Cooper couldn't beat Michigan.

1st Tressel wasnt going through a divorce, not sure where that BS came from, but considering the poster, im not shocked its 100% wrong
2nd Tressel wasnt even Ohio Sts 1st, 2nd or 3rd option so i doubt he knew it was a lock he would get offered at Ohio St
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 08:20:28 PM by YSUfan21 »

Offline YSUfan21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2011, 08:17:04 PM »
I only ask.....when playoffs are announced this Sunday.

Will the golden crown still fit?

GO PENGUINS

why wouldnt it? 20 points away from being 10-1 after winning 3 games last year is still a fantastic season

Offline YSUfan21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2011, 08:17:33 PM »

I am glad that you are a mind reader.  Where did you get your crystal ball?  Did you give any thought that he is coaching here because it a stepping stone, we have good access to premier hospitals such as the The Cleveland Clinic and Pittsburgh Children's for his son?

How much time do you think the guy spends here in Y-town?  I would say not much over the course of the year because he is a perpetual recruiter and a competitor that doesn't like to lose.  I would have to thnk that he travels a lot.

congrats, way to bring absolutley nothing to the discussion, move along troll

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2011, 09:07:15 PM »

You now hold the honor of the most uninformed post of the year.

Snyder's base salary is $1.925 million.  Bonus of up to $455k

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/story/2011-11-17/cover-college-football-coaches-salaries-rise/51242232/1

Perhaps instead of getting on here and insulting everyone who disagrees with you and acting juvenile, you should do a little research and learn some stuff.   It took me all of 15 seconds to find that article with Google.  Beleive it or not us old farts have some knowledge. 

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2011, 09:37:38 PM »

1st Tressel wasnt going through a divorce, not sure where that BS came from, but considering the poster, im not shocked its 100% wrong
2nd Tressel wasnt even Ohio Sts 1st, 2nd or 3rd option so i doubt he knew it was a lock he would get offered at Ohio St

This one is for you.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2011, 10:04:50 PM »
Thanks Indy for the info...
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2011, 10:12:54 PM »

I can't remember the radio show I heard it on but I do recall them saying that the Miami job was his for the taking but Tressel turned it down only due to his family situation at the time--which involved his divorce.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2011, 10:29:30 PM »
YSU21,

Your responses are not becoming of a college student. I am not convinced that you are attending college at YSU ,but if you are why don't you use actual facts to make an argument. If it is that you do not have that ability, then do something productive like recruit students to the game. That would actually have some value.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 11:31:38 PM by penguinpower »

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2011, 10:33:56 PM »
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline YSUfan21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2011, 10:42:03 PM »

You now hold the honor of the most uninformed post of the year.

Snyder's base salary is $1.925 million.  Bonus of up to $455k

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/story/2011-11-17/cover-college-football-coaches-salaries-rise/51242232/1

Perhaps instead of getting on here and insulting everyone who disagrees with you and acting juvenile, you should do a little research and learn some stuff.   It took me all of 15 seconds to find that article with Google.  Beleive it or not us old farts have some knowledge.

1.9 is paying well? LMAO

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2011, 02:37:22 AM »
I agree on Wolf ...no extension quite yet. My biggest concern is keeping Montgomery. Lots of HC's out there ...but this offense is something special. If anyone is getting a big offer ...it is Shane.

Why don't I see the something special offense??  Big numbers against the blind center and Jerry's kids and between the 20's.  "BUT"!!  Mich State 6 points. NDSU 27 points (a Win by the Defense). UNI 17 points 28 points vs. SDSU!!  When the competition is tough I don't see where Shane M is such an Offensive Genius ???

Red:
We were in a game for 3-quarters against defending (and potentially repeating) Big-10 champions. It sure as heck wasn't because of our "defense". Our offense has shattered records, and ranks high in almost every category nationally. It is not the offense that gave up an 80+ yard drive in three plays to loss against SDSU. It was the offense that managed 2 7+ minute drives to win last week. Look at our TOP, that has nothing to do with defense. Sure, we needed time to adjust three different games this year; but we did each time. Then again, is it Shane's fault that our opposition was scoring every time they touched the ball at that point of the season?

If we take away the Michigan State game, Monty's boys have scored no less than 21-points in ANY game. You have been a Guin fan for a long time, maybe longer than I. So you should know that this is YSU, with those numbers on offense, and a real Penguin defense, we should be the #1 team in the nation.

Give the man some credit, and what ever it takes to keep him here. Sure, I hope we see a little more power in the game next year, but I am not going to take anything away from what we have accomplished. Listen to every head coach of teams we play, and you will hear the same thing ...they cannot adjust to the variety of looks on offense:

« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 03:15:09 AM by IAA Fan »