Author Topic: Wolford  (Read 22850 times)

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Wolford
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2011, 09:46:37 AM »
I agree on Wolf ...no extension quite yet. My biggest concern is keeping Montgomery. Lots of HC's out there ...but this offense is something special. If anyone is getting a big offer ...it is Shane.

Why don't I see the something special offense??  Big numbers against the blind center and Jerry's kids and between the 20's.  "BUT"!!  Mich State 6 points. NDSU 27 points (a Win by the Defense). UNI 17 points 28 points vs. SDSU!!  When the competition is tough I don't see where Shane M is such an Offensive Genius ???

Red:
We were in a game for 3-quarters against defending (and potentially repeating) Big-10 champions. It sure as heck wasn't because of our "defense".YES it was we held them under their average points per game Our offense has shattered records, and ranks high in almost every category nationally. Against really bad competition It is not the offense that gave up an 80+ yard drive in three plays to loss against SDSU.The O had the ball last with plenty of time to tie it up It was the offense that managed 2 7+ minute drives to win last week. What did the "O" do in the 4th qtr to help the "D" ?Look at our TOP, that has nothing to do with defense. Defense played well enough at UNI to win but the "O" could not do squat!Sure, we needed time to adjust three different games this year; but we did each time. Then again, is it Shane's fault that our opposition was scoring every time they touched the ball at that point of the season?Not his fault but the "O" is so great they should be able to score every time they touch the ball!!

If we take away the Michigan State game, Monty's boys have scored no less than 21-points in ANY game17 @ UNI. You have been a Guin fan for a long time, maybe longer than I. So you should know that this is YSU, with those numbers on offense, and a real Penguin defense, we should be the #1 team in the nation. "IF's" are dangerous assumptions

Give the man some credit, and what ever it takes to keep him here. defenitally an upgrade from Klasic :)Sure, I hope we see a little more power in the game next year, but I am not going to take anything away from what we have accomplished. Listen to every head coach of teams we play, and you will hear the same thing ...they cannot adjust to the variety of looks on offense: ? Maybe St. Francis, Alpo and WIU coaches

Sorry I don't see it that way.  Hell you all have YSU as a offensive jogernaught!! What I'm seeing is a great O line, Awesome TB's, a up and coming super star QB and a few decent receivers.  The "O" coaching staff is average at best that's why we can't sting 4 qtrs together against decent competition. They figure us out.

Out of the 10 games I'd say we had a good showing "O" wise 2 games. NDSU and MICH St. Although MICH St. gave us the 20 - 20 and tightened up in the red zone we scored 6 points.  NDSU shut us down in the 2nd half.  182 of the 364 points (50%) YSU scored came in 3 games against WIU, Alpo and St. Francis 3 very bad teams.   SDSU is horrible and we scored 28. That's below what they give up per game on average.  UNI really shut us down with speed. Monty is a good coach don't get me wrong but I just can't paint this as he's a "God" like you and 21 are doing.

Actually I can't believe we're even talking contract extensions and losing coaches to bigger programs.  YSU hasn't won sh** yet and by the coaches poll we definitely are not getting respect.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 10:33:01 AM by ysubigred »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2011, 11:51:07 AM »
come on ...we put up 250 yards against Michigan State, but gave up over 500.
We put up over 450 yards against NDSU, and gave up 303 + another 239-yards in returns. Yes, our D is improving, but we cannot give up those kind of yards. Those are incredible numbers again a great D. The bottom line is that one side of the ball has not been getting it done early-to-mid season, and it was not the offense.

Also, with the size our tailbacks, there should be no question that it is absolutely system that gives us success. Not saying that we do not have talented backs & a great linel. I am only saying that the top candidate to pick up a job will be Montgomery, and I want to keep him here at "any" ...and I mean "any" cost.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2011, 11:56:11 AM »
come on ...we put up 250 yards against Michigan State, but gave up over 500.
We put up over 450 yards against NDSU, and gave up 303 + another 239-yards in returns. Yes, our D is improving, but we cannot give up those kind of yards. Those are incredible numbers again a great D. The bottom line is that one side of the ball has not been getting it done early-to-mid season, and it was not the offense.

Also, with the size our tailbacks, there should be no question that it is absolutely system that gives us success. Not saying that we do not have talented backs & a great linel. I am only saying that the top candidate to pick up a job will be Montgomery, and I want to keep him here at "any" ...and I mean "any" cost.

500 yards and only 28 points sounds like YSU was giving MSU the 20 - 20 LOL!!

Dan you are delusional  :o

You are a "O" homer and always will be  :-X

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2011, 12:48:51 PM »

Me. an "O" man? Come on, I am 99% D. I am into trench warfare. You must never read my posts.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2011, 02:37:58 PM »

Me. an "O" man? Come on, I am 99% D. I am into trench warfare. You must never read my posts.

;)