Author Topic: Post Game after thumping the Red Flash!  (Read 7940 times)

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Post Game after thumping the Red Flash!
« on: October 22, 2011, 07:17:53 PM »
Thoughts?
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Post Game after thumping the Red Flash!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 08:38:53 PM »
O looked good, real good.

D looked uninspired.

Crowd was embarrassing, I do not care who we play, should be over 16,000 butts in the seats every game, period.

Nice to see Carson's old Wilmington teammate on the field for SFU, Jake Demedal.

Special teams still need work, kick coverage is weak. Do we have a field goal yet?

Did we use a time out?
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 08:43:04 PM »
Almost forgot, why do the cops seem like they hassle our students in the student section behind the visitors team? At times today there were 3 cops standing there watching them, Heck they try and try to get them at the games but then they hassle them.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 08:46:30 PM »
Had the look and the feel of a scrimmage.  Visual evidence of the stupidity of the NCAA for considering partial scholarship and non-scholarship programs as "real" FCS.  We did what we had to do.  Fact that our backups were outplayed in the second half just tells us how far we need to go to build up our depth.  Now onward to the final four league games. 

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 09:21:10 PM »
Well. How about this. You do not open a half with your second-string. You get out re-establish with your starters, then put in the back-ups.

Talked to two interesting people today ...coach Montgomery's father ...wonderful gentleman & loves the Guins. Knows all the players & is very insightful. Also Donald Jones was at the game. I was shocked they did not bring him out to the fans. Nice of him to drive back for a game. I really did not get to talk to him one-on-one, but he is much larger these days. Cut his hair short and has a Bill's logo cut into it.

Offline pennyguin1

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 12:52:30 AM »
Really enjoyed the game. Would have loved it more if we punched that last TD in. Disappointed in the crowd. It wasn't that bad weather wise. Perfect weather for a fall football game.

Honestly I thought he would keep the starters in for at least one series. And #25 reminded me as another #25. Special teams are still a weakness.

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 10:50:06 PM »
Well. How about this. You do not open a half with your second-string. You get out re-establish with your starters, then put in the back-ups.

Talked to two interesting people today ...coach Montgomery's father ...wonderful gentleman & loves the Guins. Knows all the players & is very insightful. Also Donald Jones was at the game. I was shocked they did not bring him out to the fans. Nice of him to drive back for a game. I really did not get to talk to him one-on-one, but he is much larger these days. Cut his hair short and has a Bill's logo cut into it.

Bingo.!!!

Crush teams till they are dead. Crush them for "x" amounts of points in the first half......then (when the "bruised"".....get their last PEP TALK......at half time.......their last "breath".......(You start your 1st team, the first series of the 2nd half). Crush their spirits. Remove all hope.

YSUpeople stay healthy that way. And the youngsters get to play for a half or more.

So far YSU has beaten teams they should.....and lost to the teams they should. (And blew a few in between/again)!!

I'd like to win all the games we are supposed to win. And one or two we shouldn't.

That's when you know you have a good,...... to great team.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 11:02:44 PM by Pizza »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 12:07:36 PM »
SFU came out with changes & new hopes ...then they played like it. They had a very good second half.

I like to see minor changes in the second quarter. For example this year's team would be the TB's, TE's, and WR's ...also anyone that is not 100% to prevent further injury.

Then starters back in for at least one set on both sides of the ball for the start of the second half. Then the wholesale changes midway through the 3rd, as long as we are able.

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 02:34:27 PM »
Agree with all who posted starters should have opened the second half.

I've seen a whole lot of games on every level in my life and I can state with 99% accuracy that I have never seen starters benched for a complete half.

Not even in Jr. High.

One series by both the O and D starters would have been more respectful to our opponent.
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 09:45:05 PM »
What are everyone's thoughts on Torrian Pace? He has 15 attempts for 81 yards ...and he did not have all the starters blocking ...and SFU did have their starters in.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2011, 07:32:08 AM »
What are everyone's thoughts on Torrian Pace? He has 15 attempts for 81 yards ...and he did not have all the starters blocking ...and SFU did have their starters in.

I love the kid, ever since I seen him in a VA. HS game.  He's at YSU to get a degree and would love to play every down but understands he's got a role at YSU.

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2011, 06:28:59 PM »
My thoughts are that I'm amazed he has stayed here and I would love to see him get a chance to show us the talent that he possesses!