Author Topic: Mooney vs Ursuline  (Read 5689 times)

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
Mooney vs Ursuline
« on: October 22, 2011, 01:10:31 PM »
congratulations to the University of Ursuline on their big win over Mooney State last night.

East could be the "Glenville of this area" , if they hired the right guy as Head Coach.

Think Brian Marrow could get all those city kids back to East?

Interested in comments.
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Mooney vs Ursuline
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 07:38:24 PM »
I agree with you 100% ...Marrow would be a good choice..Honestly would like to see that maybe with the New stadium being built ..i guess they are redoing Rayen Stadium could be the spark to start keeping the U from getting their pick of the litter..Would East be a Div 1 school? I would think that would be good for the area..unless the U decides to quit beating up the farm schools in DIV 5 and steps up and moves into the upper 3 classes where in reality they should be...
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 08:58:15 PM »
There is a bill moving through the Ohio Assembly right now that would provide vouchers to ALL Ohio parents who make less than $95,000.  It would not matter if those parents lived in a city with bad schools or in a suburb with highly effective schools.  That measure was sponsored by a Republican from Lima, and it was probably designed to antagonize the teacher unions.  Whatever the motivation, if that bill becomes law, it would change the landscape of education in the Mahoning Valley significantly.  Ironically, it would have no impact on the African-American kids that are now filling Ursuline.  As Youngstown residents, they already qualify for vouchers under the old law.  This new law would directly impact numerous Catholic families in the Mahoning Valley who might want to send their children to Mooney, Ursuline, or Kennedy but lack the financial resources.  Should this become law, the ramifications for local schools would go well beyond sports.

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 02:27:01 PM »
My son told me about that Wick.

Do charter schools and privates have lobbyists? 

It is a ridiculous measure and who came up with $95K?

If this passes, look for another repeal initiative like SB5 asap.

I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 02:54:08 PM »
Lecter,

I believe that one of Kasich's most wealthy contributors makes millions by running those charter schools in Ohio.  This could be simply a political pay back.  From the perspective of the Republican Party this is also an astute political move.  Reach out to usually Democratic middle and working class voters by giving them a generous windfall.  Should SB5 be repealed, it would also be a new way to attack public school teacher unions, as public employee unions have emerged as the major critics of Kasich and his agenda.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 05:55:43 PM »
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 07:18:59 PM by YSUGO »
A Penguin for life!!!