Author Topic: What "IF"??  (Read 5788 times)

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
What "IF"??
« on: October 25, 2011, 08:40:46 AM »
"IF" we beat WIU to go to 5-3 will YSU crack the top 25?  The reason I ask is; what's the new fascination with ISU (R) at 5-3 and jumping way up in the polls when we beat them pretty handily??

Just sayin........  :-\
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 08:41:27 AM by ysubigred »

Offline pittsburghpenguin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: What "IF"??
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 09:06:34 AM »
We won't crack the top 25 if we beat Western Illinois. We lost respect when we lost to South Dakota State. The answer to your second question is. ISU'r is that they beat a ranked ISU'b.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 10:53:48 AM »
We won't crack the top 25 if we beat Western Illinois. We lost respect when we lost to South Dakota State. The answer to your second question is. ISU'r is that they beat a ranked ISU'b.

OK? The only bad loss was to SDSU which has our number (never beat them since they joined the MVFC).  Loss to ISU (b) close.  Loss to #11 MSU (BCS) Beat ISU (r) and SIU both who are still ranked higher than YSU?  Maybe what I'm fishing for is the SOS.  St. Francis and ALPO may have given us the D1 "W's" but it's killing us for SOS!!! 
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 01:44:57 PM by ysubigred »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 01:13:27 PM »
High probability we don't win the conference.  That being said, ranking will matter if we want to have the opportunity for a playoff birth .

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 02:36:24 PM »
High probability we don't win the conference.  That being said, ranking will matter if we want to have the opportunity for a playoff birth .

Hey Billy

Is there any possibility that the "birth" will be twins?
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 03:10:37 PM »
We still have a shot against the #2 and #3 teams in the nation. Plenty of opportunity to move up, we just have to take care of business.

And if we don't, what does it matter? Our conference isn't deep enough for us to get in unless we finish 3rd....4th in the MVFC would take a miracle to make the playoffs.

Offline GOpenZ

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 04:50:14 PM »
I agree with Happy.  There is still alot of time in the season.  And although I hate to discuss the "what if's" of my own team many weeks in advance...we need to win one game at a time, four more times. 

-A UNI loss to NDSU this weekend at the fargo dome would be nice, but not essential, due to the tougher remaining schedule for NDSU (who still has Indiana State, who has proven they can score this year).

-As such we need to take care of business this Homecoming weekend against WIU, they are coming off a tough loss and have won the last two against us.

-Then would come our nemisis uni: If we win one remaining game all season I want this one, and it will come down to both teams defense.

-"If" we were able to do the two above items, I think "Uncle Mo"-mentum would take over.

Z

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 05:49:57 PM »
Coach Tressel always said..We need to take care of business in November to get to the playoffs! Well November for us starts Saturday Oct 29th!
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 07:33:09 PM »
YSU will not make the playoffs if we finish 7-4.  The NCAA may take a few 7-4 teams but it will be from the CAA, Southern or Big Sky unfortunately.  Indiana St. will get the call if it is up to the two of us.  They beat us and beat the crap out of improving Div. 1 W. Kentucky who I think has won 3 in a row.